What's new

WWDC 2013 discussion, June 10-14 (2 Viewers)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I was swift and or fortunate enough to get my WWDC ticket, so I'll try and post some photos of the keynote line and so on. It was a fantastic experience last year.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
On a positive note, Jim seems to think that if they do show off hardware, it will likely be on the Mac side of the house. Looking forward to it!

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:
Bring photos and swag and tales of great men and brave women
More like men and woman. I have never been to any event, certainly including stadiums for soccer or baseball games that was so male dominated as WWDC last year. I really don't understand what happened: when I was a computer science major at NYU my classes were ~40% female. How did we get from from 40% to 4% (if that)? And the vast majority of the women there were Apple employees: the attendees are overwhelmingly male.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
sausagefest.jpg

:laugh:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Having now had a latest gen iPad on loan for several weeks, I'd now be interested in an Air if it had a retina screen. I understand that currently, given the requirements behind retina displays, that's not possible and likely the new Airs will have the same resolution.

I find the convenience, lightness, and screen of the iPad compelling, but it's too heavy to hold for long stretches in my hand, and I miss the "full OS" experience. So ideally my next laptop will be as light as an Air with the full functionality of OSX and the screen quality of an iPad.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Cool cool I see Ron has the live chat pinned for Monday. I am taking an extended 11:45 to 3:15 lunch to watch the WWDC vs. Xbox PR-off :). Looking forward to hearing his thoughts and from the rest of you guys too!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ugh I have a full day at work. Will have to catch up Monday evening. Looking forward to all of your impressions. The 'net will be abuzz that day, I do believe...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm listening to that episode now; just heard the quote.

What are the rumors? Mac Pro. MacBook Pro or some laptop. These seem pretty small.
Flat iOS 7 is big rumor, but there have been no leaked screenshots. No gizmodo stolen hardware. It's still a complete unknown.

I think Apple could be less leaky and more surprisey this year :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks