What's new

"Wuthering Heights" 1939? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Does anyone know if MGM will finally get around to releasing "Wuthering Heights" the 1939 (and best) version on DVD sometime this year? This is such a great film, and I would love it add it to my DVD library.

Andy

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
MGM is foot-dragging on the out-of-print Goldwyn stuff that HBO put out some years back. Beyond HEIGHTS, we need to see a re-issue of Bob Hope's PRINCESS AND THE PIRATE, THE HURRICANE, plus some stuff that hasn't been put on DVD at all, such as some of the Danny Kaye titles and FOUR FEATHERS (1939, not Goldwyn but owned by MGM).

John Watson

Screenwriter
I'm holding on to my VHS cassette of Wuthering Heights until it gets (re?)-released on DVD.

I also want the Pride and Prejudice featuring Greer Garson to come to DVD.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I sold my OOP HBO version DVD of "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" for $90 and am still waiting for a reissue.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
goldwyn got video distibution rights to a lot of Rank films that are on cassette.
One of them should be on dvd - Caesar and Cleopatra with Vivien Leigh.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I would also love to own Caesar and Cleopatra! Was this movie actually released on DVD? I have never seen a copy up for auction on eBay but Amazon states that there has been an issue.

So does MGM now own the rights to the films that HBO released a while back such as Wuthering Heights?

C'mon MGM! Get movin!

I am wating for:
- Caesar and Cleopatra
- Wuthering Heights
- Pride and Prejudice

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Just watching Fox's Jane Eyre....and i really brings home the need for the release of Wuthering Heights!!! Both wonderful adapatations of great books

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have that original DVD release of WUTHERING HEIGHTS but haven't watched it in years, and now I'm almost afraid to. I just watched STAGECOACH today and was so distressed by the horrendous condition that classic film is in (at least on the Warner disc I have). I suspect WUTHERING HEIGHTS would be equally disappointing.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I recorded it last time it was shown on TCM and it looked pretty decent. Check TCM's schedule- but I think it's going to be shown 2 more times in the next month or so.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

Stagecoach has the problem of being printed to death with the best source apparently being a personal print. Judging by Gary Tooze's captures here, the DVD looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks