What's new

WTF does ARC really suck this bad? (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I got THIS REMOTE for less than $10 for my parents, to replace the Harmony 650 that was too complicated for them. Just program it to do what you want.

But we already know that solutions aren't the purpose here.

Last edited:

WaikikiJason

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I ran into this very issue when I tried to run Netflix off my Samsung TV app. Posted about it here and the good folks essentially told me, as they did you, to get an external streamer. I went with the HD Fire TV stick (not 4k). Slapped it on the back of my AVR so as a source it would route through the AVR and then to the TV. Yes, the TV is now a monitor. I have the Logitech Harmony One remote (BOO HOO on its demise) and set up an activity for streaming (turns on stick, AVR and TV) and I'm good. If I'm not mistaken, you can set up some control over devices through the stick remote. In summary, haven't met anyone , yet, who will go to war on the side of ARC. I posted a couple of days ago about the ARC question.
You know who goes to war over arc? The geek squad installers at Best Buy!!! I never considered another option. I wish IU would have discovered this forum sooner. I sold a perecftly good samsung 70", a marantz receiver and an Onkyo receiver. Now I'm left with a lower end Yamaha receiver. Oh well live and learn.

edee_em

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eddie Marano
You know who goes to war over arc? The geek squad installers at Best Buy!!! I never considered another option. I wish IU would have discovered this forum sooner. I sold a perecftly good samsung 70", a marantz receiver and an Onkyo receiver. Now I'm left with a lower end Yamaha receiver. Oh well live and learn.
Sucks. At least you know you had some nice gear for it to be sold in a day (silver lining)? ⛅

WaikikiJason

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
***Quick Update***
Okay, so I took your collective advice. I purchased and ran a 2020 Ultra Roku into receiver, and then ran receiver into TV. I then went into all settings and disabled arc function, and I removed our TCL Roku TV from our home network to not confuse my wife when she casts her youtube app from phone to TV. I quickly regretted selling my Marantz sr5014, but the Yamaha seemed to run smoother and I really liked the remote compared to Marantz. I ordered the Harmony Elite online. Everything was perfect. I then connected my xbox into the appropriate game input on my receiver. Switched input to game and played some Tomb Raider for a few minutes. Excellent!!! This is the experience I have been trying to achieve for 2 years!! Thousands spent on receivers, speakers, cables and speaker wires, 2 TVs and countless other accessories. Then, I turned off the xbox and with the receiver remote switched back to the HDMI I using for the 2020 Roku Ultra..... Then it happened, nothing but static. The receiver would not switch back to my Roku. Oh no..
Here we go again. power cycled everything and same result. spent hours searching forums adjusting settings on all devices. Nothing. Whenever the input is changed, the whole system goes haywire. Had to reset the receiver to get the new Roku to play. That's the same day that my New Logitech Harmony Elite arrived. Would you believe it was dead on arrival and would not power on even after a lengthy phone call with support? Everything in this industry is shit. It's no wonder why nobody buys this crap anymore. No wonder that Logitech has discontinued their harmony remotes. Somebody please buy my Klipsch speakers so that I can buy a soudbar.
If anyone is in Honolulu and wants a perfectly good set of 7.1 klipsch reference speakers w/atmos, they are on craigslist and FB marketplace right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks