WTB: Your Subwoofer!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Since I will not have room for my towers, I need a quality sub for my dorm to accompany my extra set of bookshelves. Preferably a smaller one (eg. Velodyne CT-80)
    Looking to spend $130-$270
    thanks for all who reply
    ------------------
    Chuck
    Chuckster's HT Equipment List

2. Mike OConnell

Mike OConnell Second Unit

Mike
    Chuck,
    I just purchased a new stereo speaker system for the bedroom and was using a Boston Acoustics CR-400 subwoofer to supplement some old Jensen 30 speakers. Over the last month it has been setting around doing nothing and I would like to sell the sub.
    The CR-400 is similar, but not the same as the PV90 that they use for their sub-sat system. The CR400 has an adjustable crossover so it can be accomodated with other speakers.
    It has the line level and speaker level inputs, volume control, variable crossover, a phase switch, and a selectable On/OFF/Auto switch. Some reviews can be found at the following link.
    http://www.audioreview.com/reviews/S...uct_8695.shtml
    It rates well for subwoofers in its size class based on Mr. Nousaine's subwoofer test data. See the following post.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/039198.html
    It has an 8" driver and can extend to near 35 Hz. The sub is in mint condition and I have the original box, manual, and store receipt. I believe that it retailed for $400 and I purchased the sub during an "inventory reduction" sale for $250.
    I believe the unit has a five-year warranty (CORRECTION - one-year warranty) and I do have the original receipt. I think it was purchased in 1998, but that is from memory and it could be 1997 or 1999. (ADDITION - The actual purchase date was 6/27/1999).
    I would sell this for $150, plus shipping (probably around $25 for Std. UPS Ground, insured for $250).
    Thanks,
    Mike
    e-mail me at [email protected] if interested.
    ------------------