What's new

WTB: Young Sherlock Holmes LD (1 Viewer)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Well, I don't know for an absolute fact that this title was available on LaserDisc, but I'm assuming and hoping it is, and that someone here would be willing to sell one to me. I can't find any on eBay now. Reply here or contact me via email or PM. Thanks! :)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Sorry to intrude but this was one of my favorite shows on TV while it aired. I beieve I did see some sort of boxed set for them once, but I'm guessing it's pretty rare. Might have even been an import. Good luck.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I believe you're thinking of something else...if there was a TV show based on the movie, I've never heard of it, but in any event, I'm interested in the original movie from 1985 from Chris Columbus.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Justin: It is available on laser disc - I own it - and if there aren't any on Ebay at the moment, one soon will be. Although it's one of those titles you'd think would go for large bucks, it just doesn't, so you ought to be able to pick one up pretty reasonably.

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Doh! My bad. I was thinking of Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. LOL. There was a show based on the adventure of Indy as a youngster and it was a very good show. Sorry heheheeh.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I've been checking on eBay pretty regularly and have yet to see one come up. However, I have found one from an e-tailer who wants $30 for it (plus S&H). They also wanted $50 for Yankee Doodle Dandy, another title I asked them for.

I think I'm probably willing to pay $30 for Young Sherlock Holmes, unless someone tells me that's ridiculous, and I should just keep waiting for one on eBay where it will be a LOT cheaper. Thoughts/comments?

Also, what does anyone think of that price for Yankee Doodle Dandy?

Each is "previously viewed", by the way.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure on Yankee Doodle Dandy, but $30 sounds a bit steep for YSH even if it's the WS version. If it's the P/S version, I can give you an address where you can get it for $15+. By memory, I can't remember the WS version going for much more than $20-25 though my memory can be a bit iffy since it's not a disc I've paid a lot of attention to.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I'm not sure if I correctly understood part of your message. Are you saying you know of somewhere I can get the WS version or the P/S version? If you know where else I can get the WS version, please, let me know. If it's not OAR...well, you know. :)
But actually, thanks for bringing that up, because now that you mention it, I don't know which version it is I'm being offered; I didn't even realize there was a P/S version. I'll have to check on that.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Laserblazer.com has a used P/S copy and generally they tend to be pretty good people to deal with.

OAR is 1.85. It appears both editions were released -- 1987 as Paramount LV-1670 and 1996 as Paramount LV 1670-WS. The 1996 release should be much better quality.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Over time, that's close to what Yankee Doodle Dandy has gone for. If interested, I have one (the remastered vesion) you can have for $35 plus shipping.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
OK, I'll take that! :)
I'm short on time just at the moment but I'll contact you by email or PM later.

Users who are viewing this thread