WTB: used receiver/amp - to be used as a sub amp

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn.G, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

I'm looking into my different options into building or buying a sub. If any one has an old, working receiver or even amp that I could use as a sub amp, let me know. I am looking for 100 or more watts dedicated to the sub. I don't want to spend too much on an amp now. What I'm basically saying is if anyone has an old receiver laying around and wants to get rid of it, let me know.

2. Daniel Swartz

Daniel Swartz Second Unit

I've got a ~2 year old Aiwa AV-DV70 Dolby Digital receiver sitting around (with remote and original documentation and packaging) that I don't use anymore. It still works beautifully but I've upgraded both my living room and bedroom systems. I could let you have it for $90 shipped if you're interested.

3. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

Would you sell it for a bit less, like 70 shipped? I need the money for a driver, wire, and box when I build a sub.

4. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

Can you hook a sub up to it and use it as a amp? If so, how many watts are dedicated to the sub? I need 100w plus.

5. Daniel Swartz

Daniel Swartz Second Unit

Shawn: I could do $85 shipped if you pay with a money order. Please remember that the unit is heavy. It outputs 120 watts to front and center speakers and then 60 watts to the surrounds.
    Amazon.com Link with Specs and Review

6. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

I would like to spend a bit less, for I will buy a plate amp later. Thanks for the offer though Daniel. Anyone else looking to get rid of an old receiver??

7. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

I tried this thread over in the hardware for sale/trade, but I didn't really find what I was looking for. Does anyone have a older, used receiver or amp just laying around? I would like to pay 50 for it. It will be used as a sub amp until I can get a good PE plate amp. I would like at least 100w dedicated to the sub. Thanks.

8. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

I am now looking into getting an amp. I want at least 100w per channel. I am looking for a low price, so a used, older amp is probably best. Plate amps will work too. I want to spend $60 or less, but post if price is higher anyway. Thanks.

9. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

If I was in the market I would jump all over that Aiwa reciever DD 5.1 for 85 bucks shipped WOW too cheap, those were way underated recievers. You are right about shipping charges on a heavy reciever, depending on where it is going.
    Why dont you start a thread listing your reciever for a couple hundred, I bet you would move it quickly.

10. Grant B

Grant B Producer

YGM

11. Richard Slay

Richard Slay Extra

Dear Shawn G:
    I have a big old Sansui S-X1130 stereo receiver that I was also using as two sub amps until I had a problem with one channel cutting out. It has an input that bypasses the volume and tone controls for this purpose. The specs: 130 WPC RMS into 8 ohms,

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Shawn,

Let's keep the WTB's in the proper area on this forum. I've moved your WTB thread from receivers back to the hardware marketplace area and merge it with your existing WTB threads.

13. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

Sorry HTF. Won't happen again.