What's new

WTB: Used PC parts (Modem, Video, Case) (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Hey Guys,

Building a PC for a budget strapped friend. Picked up a very stable mobo (abit) and processor (athlon)- and I have harvested all the drives and ram from his old PC.

Unfortunately, his modem is really super unstable- and the drivers I have for it are some crap that sort-of works (I dug it up online as the modem is super off brand).

Anyway- I need to pick up a decent, stable, pref name brand 56k modem (US Robotics, et al)- and figured that since many people have gone cable/dsl/broadband- that there might be some 56k PCI modems laying around (or even an external) that I could pick up cheap. These things still sell for $30-$40 new, I was thinking more like $15.

I also need a really basic AGP videocard. He does no real gaming (beyond maybe starcraft)- so good 3d performance is a moot point. Just need something AGP- maybe 8megs? Figured I'd like to spend $20 or so.

And finally, I need a case. His current will only fit a micro-atx-- so I have to get another. Will probably end up buying new- but figured I'd take the shot that someone had an ATX tower laying around they wanted to get rid of.

-Vince

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I'm familiar with both (and newegg lists on Pricewatch, so checking PW will give you all the info you need)- however even OEM whitebox is not coming in at the price I want to spend. Again- newegg has modems for $44.

Unfortunately- Pricewatch is only turning up decent prices on either offbrand stuff - or namebrands that look good but the company charges $15 for shipping.

-Vince

David Werner

Stunt Coordinator
Vince- I have a Intel Pro/DSL modem with microfilters for 6 phones and 2 wall plates and a STB nVIDIA 4mb AGP video card with DVD decoder card and software. I'd be willing to do a trade for DVD's. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks