What's new

WTB used DTV high def system (1 Viewer)

DarrinH

Second Unit
I am interested in adding the high def channels but I would like to avoid any contract in case I really do not end up watching much of them.
Oval dish and receiver would be great.
I guess they take a standard LNB, currently I am subscribed to the total choice package.
Send me an email at [email protected].
Thats an underbar between moman and the 4, not a space.
Thanks.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Darrin, in order to get the high-def channels from DTV, you need a SAT C LNB--NORMAL LNB's will NOT work.

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
Not true, Eujin. Sat C is used to only pick up Showtime HD (currently, at least). With the dual LNB round dish you can pick up HBO HD and HD Net.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Sorry, I assumed that Darrin would want to get ALL 3 HD channels currently offered by DTV. Aren't any future HD channels also planned for the 110 bird? At any rate, I just wanted to point out that SAT C would be required for the 110 bird, not any regular LNB. Apologies for the confusion.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
There will be more stations on the 110 sat. I have a Sony SATHD100 hidef satellite/local tuner up for sale. I dont have a dish but this box was top of the line. See my ad in the hardware FS section here for more details.

DarrinH

Second Unit
Ok so i will need a special LNB in addition to my dual LNB to pick up the other two satellites DTV offers service from?
Isn't there a 119^ satellite as well?
I will need the oval dish as well correct?

What about service, are there two different cards that you will need for this? Can I use one high def receiver for all my channels I guess is what I am asking.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
One thing, you don't have any service contracts with the HD boxes, the cost that is covered in a service contract is paid by you upfront... IF you subscribe it's a bonus to them, but it's not required.

DarrinH

Second Unit
So there are only three HD channels offered by DTV?
HBO HD, HD Net on the 101 bird
Showtime HD on the 110 bird

What about HD Discovery channel? I thought I saw that at Scooters cookout this year?

DanP

Agent
HBO HD is on 101 though it may move back to 119 eventually.

HDNet is at 119 as always.

Showtime HD is on 110.

Discovery HD is not yet available on DirecTv. Dish Network offers it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks