What's new

WTB: Used computer and/or moniter (1 Viewer)

Shawn.G

Second Unit
I am thinking about going w/ a PCHT. My friend has one and I like it. I don't need a printer, scanner, or even a moniter if it has a good video card w/ s-video. A mouse, keyboard, and moniter would be nice. Email me or PM me if you are selling a good computer for 200 shipped. I don't need a dvd-r and cd-r drive, so the price can't be too high. Thanks.

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
You need far more horsepower than what a $200 pc will give you for HTF uses.

At a minimum, 256 megs of ram, decent hard drive, and a fast DVD-ROM drive. Not to mention that the processor you will need will, in my opinion, need to be at least a PIII-500. Add on top of this a decent, fast video card, and your price is significantly higher than $200 shipped.

Save up and shoot for a price point of about $400. Which will get you a decent HTF pc, that you should build yourself out of quality parts.

Chuck

Shawn.G

Second Unit
Sorry, I didn't mean a traditional PCHT. I don't need a dvd-rom because of the Xbox. I only need one w/ a good sound card to play mp3s. Sorry for that mistake.

Joe Ferreira

Stunt Coordinator
All I have are some parts...

Intel PIII 550mHz and a Compaq motherboard,
128 PC133
17.4 Gig HD
keyboard
8x CD-RW (optional)
Network Card
ESS Sound Card

You should be able to come in under your price range with these parts. I could even build it for you and get it running. Check Directron.com for some snazzy cases (that will fit your HT look) that comes with a power supply and pick up a $3 mouse, $20 S3 video card with TV-out, and $7 floppy drive and you will be set. If you want, you can upgrade to a 5.1 sound card for under $20. LMK if you are remotely interested. joeferreira99 AT msn DOT com (don't forget to despam)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks