WTB: Used computer and/or moniter

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn.G, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

I am thinking about going w/ a PCHT. My friend has one and I like it. I don't need a printer, scanner, or even a moniter if it has a good video card w/ s-video. A mouse, keyboard, and moniter would be nice. Email me or PM me if you are selling a good computer for 200 shipped. I don't need a dvd-r and cd-r drive, so the price can't be too high. Thanks.

2. Chuck Frady

Chuck Frady Second Unit

You need far more horsepower than what a $200 pc will give you for HTF uses.

At a minimum, 256 megs of ram, decent hard drive, and a fast DVD-ROM drive. Not to mention that the processor you will need will, in my opinion, need to be at least a PIII-500. Add on top of this a decent, fast video card, and your price is significantly higher than $200 shipped.

Save up and shoot for a price point of about $400. Which will get you a decent HTF pc, that you should build yourself out of quality parts.

Chuck

3. Shawn.G

Shawn.G Second Unit

Sorry, I didn't mean a traditional PCHT. I don't need a dvd-rom because of the Xbox. I only need one w/ a good sound card to play mp3s. Sorry for that mistake.

4. Joe Ferreira

Joe Ferreira Stunt Coordinator

All I have are some parts...

Intel PIII 550mHz and a Compaq motherboard,
    128 PC133
    17.4 Gig HD
    keyboard
    8x CD-RW (optional)
    Network Card
    ESS Sound Card

You should be able to come in under your price range with these parts. I could even build it for you and get it running. Check Directron.com for some snazzy cases (that will fit your HT look) that comes with a power supply and pick up a $3 mouse, $20 S3 video card with TV-out, and $7 floppy drive and you will be set. If you want, you can upgrade to a 5.1 sound card for under $20. LMK if you are remotely interested. joeferreira99 AT msn DOT com (don't forget to despam)