What's new

WTB: Ultra 320/160 SCSI, ROUND/Flat Internal cable (1 Viewer)

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
I'm in the mids of putting together a media server.
I need a cable that would work with 5 or 6 SCSI devices.
If you have one that is only good with 4 devices let me know. The cable must have 68-Pin heads, with or without a terminator. I was about to order one from newegg, but I still have time to search the used market.
Anyone have one lying around?
Or if you have a ultra 320/160 controller with cables let me know what you need for them. As it is now most of my drives are only ultra 2 lvd, I have one 15K rpm ultra 160 drive that I would like to use, but my scsi 2 lvd cable will not support this drive. I understand that I will not get ultra 160 performance on my current U2 controller, that is fine for now.
-Jerry

Jeff Hoak

Stunt Coordinator
I have at least one of the cables that you're looking for. I also have an Adaptec 29160 controller that I recently pulled out of a system that I took out of service.

Give me a day or so to track these parts down and figure out a reasonable price and I'll get back with you.

THANX!
Jeff Hoak

Jeff Hoak

Stunt Coordinator
OK... I've got 3 of the cables

1) 26" with 5 connectors (3-device, 1-term, 1-cont) with a terminator. $10.00

2) 30" with 6 connectors (4-device, 1-term, 1-cont) with a terminator $12.00

3) 48" with 6 connectors (4-device, 1-term, 1-cont) with a terminator $15.00

The controller is an Adaptec 29160 (NOT low profile). It's been in use for about 18 months with 0 problems. I have the paperwork and discs but I don't know whether I have the box or not. If I do its in the attic. Here in Florida we just DON'T go to the attic in August. I want $75.00 for the controller.

A bit of back story... I was the net admin at a small company. I wasn't happy with the machine that I was given to work on (P-II 450) so I built my own. I got laid off July 1st and brought my computer home. I've since dismantled it and I'm selling off the parts.

If there's any other SCSI parts you need let me know. I've got a TON of SCSI parts.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Jeff,
These cables are Ultra 160 cables correct? Not SCSI 2 lvd.
If they are I would be interested in just one.
I really need a five-six device cable.
I have been watching the market get flooded with the ultra 160 controller + cable kits at clearance outlets & auctions sites. I think everyone is going 320 or ata serial.
I'll need to pass on the controller, I hope you understand.
I really can do without the card at this time.
Let me know what else you have. Email or PM is fine.
Are you good with paypal?
id be interested in the 30" or 48"
I'll take some measurements.
-Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks