WTB: Tempest 15"

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Richard Sherman, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Richard Sherman

Anyone???

2. Kevin Beck

Kevin Beck Stunt Coordinator

Richard,..

I have a pair, but like them too much to part with them,..I do however know a guy that may be interested in selling some he has,...I will send him a note, and let you know,...

What is the differnce between the new, and the old drivers? I have been out of the loop for a while. Just curious,...

>>>--->

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Any desire for a pair for Acoustic Elegance IB15 drivers?

4. Jeff_A_G

Jeff_A_G Stunt Coordinator

lol, i'm in the same boat as you. All I want is one more of the old style!

5. Kevin Beck

Hey guys,...Sorry to say, the fella that I know with the Tempests, is still running them, and doesn't have any plans to pull them out right now,...

For the number of these drivers that were sold a while back, I would sure think there are a few taking up space on somebodies store room shelf,....

How much different are the paramiters on the new ones vs the old? Good lord if I have to replace both, if I have a problem with one of mine, that would be a pain,...On the other hand, I guess that might just meean I would have to build a whole new sub,...[​IMG] Ha! Malstrom maybe? Now that's the ticket,...

>>>--->

6. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

If I were in the market for more Tempest drivers, I'd also check out some of the car audio forums. I know I've seen many of the Adire-based products for sale out there. Their products were equally popular among car audio enthusiasts as well as home users.

7. Kevin Beck

Hey guys,..Just a thought,...

The guy I checked with about selling his Tempests, sent me another mail back today, and mentioned Parts Express has a 15" driver branded Dayton, that has very similar Paramiters as the Tempest. He thought Adire may even build the driver for Dayton.

I haven't looked at that type of info in so long I have forgot most of what I use to know about it. The driver could be a Tempest in sheeps clothing,...Not sure how many you have, or how many your wanting to run, but it might be worth a look,....

>>>--->

8. JimPeitersen

JimPeitersen Second Unit

The Dayton 15DVC is very close to the old Tempest (manuf. tolerences for the same driver can be off more than the difference between the Tempest and the DVC!) The enclosures for both were similar, and you probably wouldn't notice the difference in an IB set-up (but there is the possibility that you may.)
    JP

9. Kevin Beck

Spunds like a very good solution if somebody was in a real pinch,...I will keep this info in mind for the future,..I have two Tempests in my sub, and nothing on the shelf, just in case,...

That driver would be a good selection if just building a new sub as well then,....Big output on very little wattage, and I assume very inexpensive to boot. The performance of the Tempest is outstanding, even more so when you consider the cost.

>>>--->