WTB: Surround Receiver with shallow depth

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Vince Maskeeper, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Looking to buy a receiver for my living room system, but have very limited storage space.

The spot I have alotted will not hold my standard size receiver (17 inch wide by 14.5 inch deep). The 17 inch wide is fine, but the depth would have to lose an inch or two in order to fit.

If anyone has a decent digital surround receiver which is more shallow than normal: I would be interested.

Also, even if you're not selling, if you have any suggestions on models I should see- I would also be interested. I am thinking I might have to go with a Pre and monoblock amps. The Outlaw monoblocks would fit- but he 950 pre is too deep-- so any suggestions would be appreciated.

-V

2. Chris Rosene

Chris Rosene Second Unit

Vince

Not sure what quality level you're looking for, but Todd's receiver in this thread is only 12.63 inches deep and that appears to be a great price for a receiver with those specs.

See here for manual and specs

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Chris,

Thanks for the heads-up. I will certainly look into it.

I was actually looking more along the lines of the Lexicon DC-1 pre ($1000) or the Rotel RSP-1068 ($1500) and a set of amplifiers. Was hoping for 100mhz component switching-- but at this point I have no idea if this is even possible given the limited size...

But I might snag that $60 unit for now, maybe even just to see what fits.