WTB: Superbits, Criterion, REAL Special Editions, OOP

Discussion in 'Media Classifieds' started by Yousaf, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Yousaf

Yousaf Second Unit

Man, I have been buying WAY too many DVDs recently so I think I'm going to turn to the used market now. I can't support my own DVD habit [​IMG] Anyway, I like DVDs not only for their movie content but also their "collectibleness"...to me, it's the adult version of trading cards [​IMG] (No offense intended to those adults who do collect trading cards though!) Anyway, I've been on a "Special Edition" binge as of late, so I am looking for any of these titles. The special movies I have right now are:

Superbit:
    Snatch
    Gattaca
    Cirque De Soleil: Dralion
    The Fifth Element
    Leon the Professional
    The Patriot
    Starship Troopers
    Charlie's Angels
    Dracula
    Mask of Zorro
    Desperado
    Air Force One

Others:
    Dogma
    Fight Club
    LOTR: FotR EE
    LOTR: TTT EE
    Magnolia
    Moulin Rouge
    Pulp Fiction
    Se7en
    Black Hawk Down
    Gladiator DTS
    Saving Private Ryan DTS
    Tombstone
    Starship Troopers (Yes, I do love it so much that I own both the Superbit and the special Edition :b )
    Tombstone
    Unbreakable
    Windtalkers

Pretty much all of the special editions are more than one disc, or they offer additional features (DTS), are OOP, and for each I believe there is a "regular" version. I'm not interested in the cheap Special Editions that are so marked just to draw attention to themselves when in reality they are the only version offered. OOPs are a real want for me [​IMG]

Please post in this thread the titles you have available and are willing to sell. Prices can be negotiated through email; my address is [email protected] . My preferred method of payment is Paypal (non-CC), although if you have a title I really want I would be willing to bend and go with other forms of payment. It never hurts to offer.

If I have forgotten to include a title, you can always refer to my DVD list downloadable in Excel format here, or you can just view the list as a web page here. Excel lists by title and by genre, whereas the web page is title only (I'm lazy, sue me).

2. Yousaf

Yousaf Second Unit

Considering the length of the first post, I am just going to list a few especially wanted DVDs here.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Superbit)
    The Rock (Criterion)
    Independence Day (Some multi disc special edition)
    Armageddon (Criterion)
    Traffic (Criterion)

I would also like to note that most of the titles that I would be interested in would be newer titles. Please still feel free to offer anything, but please don't be offended if I turn down older, lesser known stuff.

3. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

4. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Independence Day (Some multi disc special edition)...that'd be the Five Star Collection one I believe [​IMG]

Anything on my list of interest? (I'm not home now, but I got some more DVDs this morning as I was on the way out the door, so I'll be adding some more to the list when I get home [​IMG])

5. Yousaf

Yousaf Second Unit

Randy - Thanks, but I've never seen any of those other than Evil Dead; Evil Dead I'm not too nuts about buying, and as for the other ones, I tend to not buy what I have not yet seen.

Drew - Well that is quite an interesting situation. It appears as though you want several of the DVDs I want, and I have all the DVDs that I want that you have that are on your trade list...let the games begin? [​IMG] Seriously though, I look forward to seeing what you get in today. Unfortunately I am building my collection right now and so everything I have I pretty much want to keep, so I can't do any trades (which is why I've pooped on several trade threads offering to buy the titles outright [​IMG]). I'll bookmark your thread though...it seems we share many of the same tastes, so maybe when you get ready to get rid of some movies I can get them from you.

6. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Looking for Special Editions?

Hmm... I've got:

- Jaws: 25th Anniversary Edition WS

(Behind The Scenes Exclusive Footage, Interviews, Deleted Scenes, Outtakes, Photos, Storyboards & Production Drawings, Trailer Spots, etc.)

- Piranha: 25th Anniversary Special Edition

(Commentary Tracks, Making Of Footage, Outtakes and Bloopers, Trailers, 8 Page Commemorative Booklet, etc.)

- Unforgiven: 2-Disc Special Edition

(Commentary Tracks, Featurettes, Behind The Scenes Footgae, Documentaries, Career Retrospectives, Classic Maverick TV Series Episode, Trailer Spots, etc.)

- Shadow Of The Vampire: DTS Widescreen

(Commentary, Featurettes, Interviews, Trailers, etc.)

7. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Btw...

Only thing of interest to me on your list right now is Dogma: SE.

LMK.

8. Yousaf

Yousaf Second Unit

I posted my list so that people could see if I have a certain title before offering it to me; right now I am building my collection and so I can't let go of any DVDs. Can't trade, sorry.

Oh and on Dogma: SE...Try Best Buy. I just bought it there 2 days ago. I guess with the release of Jersey Girl BB is promoting the other Kevin Smith titles; Dogma: SE is $22.99 whereas the others are $14.99. The thing is at least at the Best Buy where I was at, they had mislabled at least 20 of the Dogma:SEs with the $14.99 tag. I don't know if the factory did that or if it was an employee, but hey, even if it was an employee there have to be other dull BB employees out there somewhere working the DVD section [​IMG] YMMV of course, but worth a shot especially if you're in the area.

9. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Screenwriter

Keith Plucker
    Sent you an email.

-Keith