WTB Subwoofer in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnSG, Feb 4, 2002.

1. JohnSG

JohnSG Auditioning

Anyone in Hawaii selling a good Subwoofer? Unless you willing to pay the shipping to Hawaii, I am not interested in other areas becasue the shipping charge could be 1/3 of the Sub. I would like to buy like something like an Adire, Hsu, SvS, Aci, Rel,M&K, Vmps and certain Veladynes. I am not interested in Bose, Sony or anything from CircuitCity since I heard them and did not like them. Thanks, John

2. Kyle_Y

Kyle_Y Stunt Coordinator

Wow, another guy from Hawaii! I live in Mililani on Oahu, where do you live? Well, I know you can get Velodynes at CC, but only the CHT series, if you want to check out Audio Lab on Nimitz Highway, he has Velodyne and JM lab and some other high end brands. Video Life Hawaii also has some classy stuff, B&W, NHT, and some others.

3. JohnSG

JohnSG Auditioning

Hi, I live in Nuuanu area. While I can afford many subs at the high end store, I am too cheap to buy retail. While the shipping cost is a lot for an Adire Rava,like $120, to buy something comparable from B&W or JM Lab would cost a lot more than the price of a Rava $399+$120.

Unfortunately, shopping options in Hawaii is very limited. I was set to buy the Rava until I decided to buy those AVMS speakers instead, two first, and now waiting for three more. I might wait till the other three arrived to decide how badly I need a subwoofer. While waiting I figure I will keep looking for other options instead of ordering a Rava from the mainland.

4. Kyle_Y

Kyle_Y Stunt Coordinator

What are AVMS speakers, and what is there website? Well, you might just want to go the ole' Velodyne route at Circuit City. Sam Sung Electronics also has Definitive and Energy speakers. Or if you just get tired, then you might jsut want to splurge, how much were your mains? You might just want to buy an SVS or high end Velo if your mains would match it.

5. JohnSG

JohnSG Auditioning

Still looking for sub in Hawaii, used.

Avsm uses parts from GR research. The owner is selling them through ebay and Speaker Asylum classifieds now; he has just a few pair left. They had good reveiws from some magazines but did not sell well. The Avm was selling for $700 a pair but now it's below his cost. They use the older crossover from GR but sound great expecially consider the price. The cabinets are very well made with rounded corners and edges, oak.