What's new

WTB Stereo receiver, preferably in the Dallas area (1 Viewer)

Joe Koenig

Grip
I need to get a cheap receiver to power my new subwoofer, an SVS 15-31 CS. I would like to get at least 100w to a given channel - keep in mind this receiver will be simply amplifying the LFE signal from my main Denon receiver during movies and music. Thus I don't need very many features.
I would like to pick up if possible. My ideal price is around $50. Tom V, one of the people that makes these subs by hand, says that due to the enclosure of the sub a cheap receiver will give adequete performance. He says that even using a $100 KLH reciever "does not skip a beat" although of course it isn't as good the Samson S700 amp they recommend.
Let me know what you have - be prepared with a link to specs, or have them in any PM/email.

Frederick_Falk

Second Unit
I have an old 2 channel receiver that is rated at 95 watts per channel that I have lying around that isn't being used. I will gladly part with it for $50.00 dollars. I am in the Austin area (Lago Vista) to be exact. If you are interested, maybe we can meet somewhere half-way or so. You can email me at [email protected] and we can discuss further.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
Joe,
I assume you meant the 25-31 model, right? Do you have the sub yet? If not, you're welcome to come over and listen to my 25-31PC.
I've got a couple of extra receivers (a Pioneer 100 watt DPL and a cheap Pioneer 70 watt stereo) I could bring over if you're just wanting to see how it will sound. Unfortunately they're not for sale. But maybe that would help you decide how much power is enough.
I live in Sachse and work in North Dallas (Midway and Beltline). Wherabouts are you?
P.S. It's good to see other Dallasites here.

Joe Koenig

Grip
errr yeah. I just made a typo. The 25-31 CS is right. I live in Plano (Parker/Preston) and work my summer job down n Oak Lawn and Lemmon.
I'd love to hear it. I haven't actually heard an SVS yet, but it'd be nice to.
Email me at [email protected].

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
I'm going to invite Joe over to hear my sub, so maybe you should come along, Elliot. In fact, I think I'll put a feeler out in the home theater meet section to see who else might be interested.
On tap will be SVS 25-31, Onkyo 595, and nOrh 4.0 speaker system (if they are delivered on schedule tomorrow).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks