What's new

WTB: Sony TA-P9000ES (1 Viewer)

Rob_bmw

Auditioning
Sony TA-P9000ES in good condition wanted. Preferred in Gold color, but black will do as well. I live in Hong Kong so international shipping must be accepted.

Ronald_P

Stunt Coordinator
Why do you want one? I noticed these sell in about a day and everybody wants one so I bought one and don't know what to use it for since I don't have a SACD player yet. Let me know why everybosy wants these. Check audiogon one was for sale at $550 black in color.

Ron

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Ron the unit was discontinued. It is a clean 5.1 channel preamp that has two 5.1 channel inputs as well as a bypass (the units volume control) 5.1 channel and 2 channel input. It has balance controls (for the left and right) and level controls for the center, surrounds and sub, which of course is performed in the analog domain (so no conversion to digital and back). For someone with separate DVD-A and SACD players it is a great piece. If someone does not care about the level controls, they can always get this: http://www.zektor.com/mas3/index.htm

Rob_bmw

Auditioning
Ron, maybe you want to sell your unit ;-)

My intension is to connect my DVD-A and Muse decoder to it. I’m also planning to get hold of a D-VHS player. As we use AAC here in Hong Kong, I will go for a player with built in decoder, this means I need another 5.1 input source.

The problem with the unit in Audiogon is that the seller wouldn’t ship outside the U.S. This is quite normal for a reason that is unknown for me, it the buyer pays the shipping why would you want to ship it internationally?

Phil, thanks for the link. It looks nice, but in my case I need a volume control so it’s not a good option for me.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I stopped into to the Sony Metreon recently here in San Francisco and asked about the unit. Early on, when the unit only sold in Japan they were the only place you could get them in the US.
He checked and called me back a few days later. They were 'back logged 3 months & said he would call me then'.
I doubt it but who knows???
This is quite normal for a reason that is unknown for me, it the buyer pays the shipping why would you want to ship it internationally?
I sold some model trains to a buyer in Hong Kong. He went by a very Western name so I assumed he moved there from a different country. I needed to go to the PO to find out the shipping costs before he paid. I mailed it while I was there to save a trip and time. When he paid, the Paypal invoice showed a completely different non-western name which confused the hell out of me. I mentioned this to him and he got upset and said the PO would return it to me. Somehow he caught it before it got shipped back.
This kind of confusion made me aware why people dont ship overseas.

Rob_bmw

Auditioning
Grant, I hope you got the money at least for the train. Yes, I guess the extra fuzz to get the right shipping information could scare some sellers off.

It’s actually very common that Chinese has a western name. I have worked with some colleague for years without knowing there real name. Myself I’m actually Swedish, but have lived in Hong Kong for three years now. Hmm, maybe I should give myself a Chinese name. Lee sounds good. From know on maybe I should tell my colleagues to call me Lee instead of Rob…

Ronald_P

Stunt Coordinator
Rob,

I'm holding on to the P9000ES and waiting for the Sony XA777ES to go obsolete by new technology. I than will pick one up at a reduced cost and impleament the P9000ES into my E9000ES system.

Ron

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Rob
Yes, I got the money and it all worked out in the end. I had no idea about the western name thing (Live & Learn!). Throw in the time lag and confusion over things like customs and it is not a wonder. A friend of mine living in Paris told me he once bought some LaserDiscs from a guy in the States. The seller had no idea about shipping overseas and thought the 'declared value' had something to do with insurance so he greatly inflated the value. They ended up costing almost double the price.
Good Luck
BTW have you tried this forum?

Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks