What's new

WTB Screen for Projector (1 Viewer)

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Where are you from? Big screens are expensive to ship. That said, through craigslist I found a local guy selling scratch-and-dent Draper, DaLite, and chinese manufactured screens for EXTREMELY low prices. I'm picking up a 100" Matte White 16:9 electric w/ remote for $80 this weekend. The chinese ones are the cheapers, starting around $25, and the Draper & Dalites usually go for around 75% off MSRP. He has a garage full of screens, most being 4:3 or 1:1 but a good bit of 16:9 too. Unfortunately the only High Gain screens he had were glass-beaded. I'm replacing a 92" DaLite Video Spectra 1.5 so I hope the step down to matte will be accepatble, though I am replacing my projector with a brighter one as well.

Here's the add I was refering to. I'm not sure where you're located but this particular seller is about 45min north of Atlanta, GA.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I picked up the 100" ultra electric w/ remote for $50 this past weekend. The guy has a stack of atleast 50 of them in his garage (all in original boxes) and another small building behind his house full of name-brand stuff (mostly 4:3 or 1:1). I think he owns or or works for a company that does installations in offices as he also has alot of 4:3 projectors as well. We hooked up one of the 100" screens to try and it didn't work so we grabbed another from the pile and it worked fine. They were all scratch-and-dent returns, mine has about a 1" dent in the case. I'll probably cover it w/ a hideaway box but even if not it wouldn't be an eye-sore. The 100" screens are really low profile, i was expecting a much bigger case. It'll be a little over a month before i'm in the new house to mount it but I'll report back then too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks