wtb: remote for pioneer vsx d710s reciever

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Benson R, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Benson R

Benson R Supporting Actor

I bought this reciever at Best Buy out of box. I got a great price on it but it didn't have the remote. I tried looking for a store that had the 710 or the 810 so I could program a learning remote with the funcions I need but had no luck. Does anyone have a remote for the 710 or 810 that they don't need? Perhaps one replaced by a universal remote. I was quoted a price of 50 plus shipping for a new remote which seemed steep. Can anyone beat that? If so respond to this thread. I can not get to my email right now so post any offers in the thread. Thanks.

2. Ethan Ard

Ethan Ard Auditioning

I have the remote for the 811s. $30 plus shipping if you want it.
    I'm at [email protected] if you want it.

3. Benson R

Sorry it took me awhile to respond but my computer wasn't working this weekend. Thanks for the offer but I think I'd rather try to get the remote for the 710 or the 810. It would probably work ok but there is no guarntee that it would be compatible with all the functions. If nobobdy else posts an offer for that remote I will probably bite the bullet and buy it new online.

4. Ethan Ard

Ethan Ard Auditioning

I'll make you a deal. $30 including shipping, and if it doesn't work out for you, you can send it back to me and I'll give you $30. I'll trust you not to just learn from it and send it back. Worst case scenario, you're out shipping one way.

5. Benson R

Sorry it keeps taking me awhile to get back to you. My internet access at home isn't working so I have just been checking this thread at work when I get a chance. I think I will take you up on the offer but it will have to wait until monday. I start classes again next week and I just want to make sure my book purchases don't get in the way as they vary by as much as $400. I'm sure I can get together $30 but I just want to be sure I am not scraping bottom with the old checking account.

6. Benson R

Ethan YGM