What's new

WTB: Rambo trilogy and/or Predator (1 Viewer)

Mark KU

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
The Rambo Trilogy is going for 21.27 shipped at DeepDiscountDVD.com Probably your best bet.

MattSG

Agent
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. That is a really good deal, but I have a question about it... it says that the release date is 2/18/03, so does that mean that if I order it now I wouldnt get it until then? Ive checked ebay and people are selling the exact same thing, but for much much more.

Mark KU

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
it looks like a lot of the ones on Ebay aren't the Special Editions. I think those are being released on 2/18

LuisDC

Stunt Coordinator
Actually guys,

The set is being released by the studios as a three DVD set next month. The ones being sold on Ebay are the original 4-disc sets that are in a steel 3-d relief sleeve. Some are region 1 sets and others are region 0 sets, so be careful what you are bidding on. Also, the region 0 sets come in cardboard sleeves...

Brian Knauss

Stunt Coordinator
Also watch out for way overpriced "preorders". Good example is Grand Theft Auto: Vice City... I preordered the day before it came out at Best Buy for $40 while people on ebay were bidding up to $80.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
The set is being released by the studios as a three DVD set next month.
Where did you get this information?

There was an original Rambo release by Artisan. Then, this past May, the 3 films were re-released separately and in a box with an extra disc; you shouldn't have any problem finding these at Best Buy, CC, etc.. The re-releases have new transfers and more supplements. The version being sold by DDD for ~$21 appears to be the 4-disc SE that was released last year and the new release date is nothing more than the price reduction date. It has the same specs as the four disc set and the same cover as well.

I'd like to know where you got information that it's a 3 disc set and not 4.

LuisDC

Stunt Coordinator
So far, the best transfer is the 4-disc in the metal sleeve. The three disc Greg is speaking of was just the original discs packaged into one box and the majority of them being sold by anyone on the continent are Asian (Region 0) versions.

Greg, as far as I have been told, the set being touted by DDD is a re-release of the original 3 discs again in a cardboard sleeve pak. It is NOT the disc set with the steel sleeve like the 4-disc set.

But I have been known to be wrong from time to time... I guess I really am only human. Shucks...
;)

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Greg, as far as I have been told, the set being touted by DDD is a re-release of the original 3 discs again in a cardboard sleeve pak. It is NOT the disc set with the steel sleeve like the 4-disc set.
Well your sources are misinformed. I got my set from DDD today and it's indeed the newer 4-disc set in a metal slipcase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks