WTB: Pro Logic receiver w/ full 6 preouts and 6 multi ch. inputs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andy_A, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Andy_A

Andy_A Second Unit

Hi, I'm looking for an old pro logic receiver--brand is not really important--Yamaha, Denon, HK, Onkyo, etc. The important thing is that it have 6 multi channel inputs and 6 preouts. I'm looking to spend as little as possible--maybe about 60-70 shipped. Let me know if you have an old one in your closet collecting dust. Thanks

2. Scott Falkler

Scott Falkler Second Unit

Do Pro-Logic recievers even have 6 channel in/out?

3. JimPeitersen

JimPeitersen Second Unit

Andy, good luck finding one (try ebay or Audiogon for the Yamaha models - I think it was the 592.)
    Scott, I had one a few years back (Yamaha). Interesting feature for upgrading.

4. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I always wanted a DPL receiver with 6 channel inputs for my psuedo 6.1 set up. I know it's the cheapest way to get DTS 6.1 discrete with out using a 3 channel amp. Look for HK, Yammies and I think some Onkyo receivers had 6 channel inputs.

5. EmoryS

EmoryS Extra

I have a Kenwood KR-X1000 receiver which has 6 pre- amp in and 6 pre- amp out channels, but I still have it connected to a Technics SH-AC500D so I can enjoy DD and DTS 5.1 in my bedroom.

This receiver was (in my humble opinion) the best Dolby Pro Logic receiver made and it even carried THX certification (which can mean a lot to some people, or nothing to others).

Anyway, I digress, I saw one on eBay a little while back, but the starting bid was something like $100 dollars which is over your maximum limit.

You may want to try a couple of local pawn shops, or the scratch-and-dent or clearance area of your local consumer electronics store (Tweeter, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.). Every once in a while, you can catch these stores getting rid of old stock that have been sitting in there warehouse for a while.

Good hunting! [​IMG]

6. Andy_A

Andy_A Second Unit

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up buying a Kenwood KRX 1000 here on the forum. I plan to buy a sony sacd/dvd player with built in DD and DTS decoding and run it in a second system. Thanks again

7. Jim J

Jim J Second Unit

Andy,

You have e-mail