What's new

WTB: Parasound HCA-2200II (1 Viewer)

Eric A

Second Unit
Looking for the classic 220 WPC Parasound Amp. Good condition, but minor scratches okay. Make me an offer or refer me to a friend who needs to sell one. Thanks.:D

CarlDJr

Stunt Coordinator
Eric:

Good luck finding one!
I bought mine last month, a demo unit from a high-end audio store in Kentucky (Audiogon ad). VERY happy with it. Now I know what people mean in reviews when they talk about hearing things that they've never heard before from a recording, it's true.
I've been looking for another one, but with no luck. Apparently they are few and far between when it comes to resale. :frowning:

Eric A

Second Unit
Good luck finding one!
Thanks. I have missed out on 1 so far but I am patient (not really). I had to wait for a while on my 2003A but I found one and jumped on it. Sorta same as you, dealer demo. It was a lucky find and I drove to pick it up. I will keep looking and maybe something will turn up.

Eric A

Second Unit
Thanks guys for this heads up. I have seen this amp and emailed the individual. I am afraid it is a bit out of my price range although his price is fair. I missed out on 2 deals over the last 2 weeks at lower prices so I will continue to wait. Thanks so much for the help and keep your eyes and ears open. Just a question for those of you with experience, I have a 2003A I will be using along side this 2200II. How close are these 2 amps? What are the main differences you have heard if any? Thanks.

CarlDJr

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,

I haven't heard the 2003A, so can't comment there. But it will have to be one h*** of an amp to keep up with the 2200.

Until about two years ago I was driving my vintage Infinity RSIIIa speakers with a vintage 150W Luxman amp (I bought them new). I was perfectly happy since I'm no "audiophile", just enjoyed the music. Then the Luxman gave up the ghost, so for the interim I bought the 150W Parasound HCA 1201A mono-amps. The mono-amps are great for HT but only fair for music, missed my Luxman.
When I hooked up the 2200 and played that first disc I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It's that good and I only have mid-fi gear feeding the signal.
Proceeded to stay up WAY too late listening to:
Joe Jackson, Night and Day II
Steve Winwood, Back in the High Life
Billy Joel, Fantasies and Delusions
Eagles, Hotel California
U2, The Joshua Tree
Steely Dan, Aja
Alex de Grassi, Southern Exposure
Donald Fagen, The Nightfly

I'm always amused with those people on different forums who
brush off the Parasounds and say they are nothing compared to Krell, etc. If you have a $20,000 system, the Krell may be just the thing. I don't, and the 2200 meets and far exceeds my expectations (and I can still afford to pay the mortgage!).

Here are a couple of links that may be helpful if you haven't seen them yet:

I'm thinking of having some mods done when I have the extra money:
http://www.modhi-fi.com/LISTS/AMPs.htm

Comments from John Curl:
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/gen...es/133580.html

User reviews ( and they're right on):
http://www.audioreview.com/Amplifier...9_1583crx.aspx

I've asked the library to try to track down the Stereophile review, but no luck yet. I may have to break down and buy the back issue.

I didn't mean to be so wordy when I started this! :b

James Elvick

Supporting Actor
Hi Eric,

I've owned all the Parasounds and they are all excellent but the 2200II is the best of the bunch! Make sure it has room to breath, it gets pretty warm.

I have since moved to a Sherbourne 7 / 2100 and love it!

James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks