WTB: Original version of Fleetwood Mac *Rumours* on CD.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Dec 4, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I am looking for the original version of Fleetwood Mac Rumours on CD. The catalog number of the original version is 3010, not 3010-2. 3010-2 is the catalog number for a "secret remaster" of Rumours. "Secret remaster" refers to the fact that Warner never advertised it as a remastered version. At some point years ago, the original version was replaced with the remastered version without retailers or anyone knowing that a change was going to be made.

The original version (catalog number 3010) has a "fade up" on track 11, "Gold Dust Woman", which does not appear on the remastered version. Note that remastered copies of Rumours from Columbia House have a catalog number of W2-3010. Although there is no '-2' at the end of the catalog number, this is the remastered version.

If you have the original version of Rumours on CD and are willing to sell it, please leave me a Private Message so we can discuss it. Thanks in advance.

2. JoeWilly

JoeWilly Agent

I believe I have what you are looking for. I'll verify tonight. I'm not sure of the numbers, but I've had the disk forever and it fades up on Gold Dust Women.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Joe, thanks. If you have the 3010 version and are willing to sell it to me, please let me know. Thanks again.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Bump.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I don't believe my original post is quite correct regarding the catalog number of the original version of Rumours. I've been told that CDs with the "fade-up" on "Gold Dust Woman", which is the version I am looking for, have the catalog number of 3010-2. Also, some copies from Columbia House with a catalog number of W2-3010 also have the fade-up. So, without getting into details regarding the catalog number, if someone is willing to sell a copy of Rumours with the fade-up on "Gold Dust Woman", please let me know. [​IMG]