WTB: Original 12" SVS, Swan 305, Dayton 12" Series II, or similar 12" driver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stephen Hopkins, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I'm looking to buy a 150W or higher plate amplifier, or some other type of amplifier to use with a DIY sub. Email me if you have anything you think i might be interested in and a price.

I'm also looking to buy an original 12" SVS, Swan 305, Dayton 12" Series II, or similar 12" driver. in a 5.75 cu ft enclosure. Email me if you have something i might be interested in, and a price.

Thanks

2. JimPeitersen

JimPeitersen Second Unit

What type of enclosure (ported/sealed)? That size is quite large for a single 12. You can easily use a Dayton 15DVC/Adire Tempest or Tumult, or two 12's in that size enclosure. What kind of budget are you working with?

3. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

I'm planning on porting and doing whatever tuning necesary to get the roll off down to under 24hz.
    I'm working with a small budget, trying to keep my driver and amp below $200 total. A new Swan 305 would be $58 and a 250W PE amp would be $120. This already has me pretty close to $200, without factoring in shipping.
    The reason for going w/ an enclosure that size is that with the Swan 305, it will get my rolloff down around 22.5 hz, and size isn't really an issue. I'm going traditional because i have some woodworkin skills, can't find any decent prices on 18" or bigger sonotube, and am planning on usind the sub to replace a square end table.
    If anyone has any drivers or amps for sale, please contatc me. [email protected]
    thanks

4. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

In case you didn't know, parts express has some things on eBay. I've seen the dayton dvc 12 and PE 250 watt amp for below what they go for on the website. For example, the reserve is set at $95 for the PE 250 amp, but if you bought from the site, it'd cost you $120. That's a significant difference IMO. I'll probably buy my plate amp from eBay.

5. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

I have checked ebay, but the price difference doesn't seem to be enough to get me under $200 w/ a driver other than the swan 305. The only configuration i've found so far that does is the swan 305 and the cheaper of the 250w pe amps. There are also not any 250w PE amps listed through parts express on ebay right now.

Thanks anyway, and if i can pick up the amp for $95, then i most definatly will.

EITHER WAY, I'M STILL LOOKING FOR A DRIVER TO BUY!

6. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

bump

7. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

bump

8. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

bump

someone out there HAS to have something!

9. DerrickN

DerrickN Stunt Coordinator

YGM

10. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

Still Looking