WTB: optical or coax cable, 4 dual banana plugs, 100 ft of 12 ga speaker wire

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Hsu, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Ummmmm, so yeah, I need one optical or coax cable. 2 or 4 sets of dual banana plugs. And then 100 ft of 12 ga speaker wire.
    Anybody with what I'm looking for, PM or email me. [​IMG]
    Does anybody on the forum have some cabling leftover from their last canare batch? I'm eyeing a 1.5m digi-coax Canare for $25 shipped on Ebay...does anybody here have something similar? I"d rather deal through the forum.

2. JimPeitersen

JimPeitersen Second Unit

Can I assume you want used stuff? If not, try these guys: www.knukonceptz.com
    I have purchased many things from them, and have always been pleased at the quality and prices.

3. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Yeah, used is fine, but I really am not looking to spend too much on these things...Lowes was out yesterday and Home Depot quoted me 34 cents per foot for the speaker wire, and I swear I've seen better online...so here's to hoping. [​IMG]

4. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    for speaker wire, you'd be best off by buying from your local Home Depot. reason being: if you dont need something of amazing quality, the HD stuff will be just fine. also, if you're trying to save a few cents per foot (even $.10/ft), you're gonna pay it all back in shipping charges, cuz 100' of 12-ga speaker wire is heavy.
    for a cheap digital cable, check out the AR line at www.accessories4less.com
    if you really want to look into speaker cable online, i'd recommend www.partsexpress.com

5. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

Re: speaker wire, you might want to look at this post http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=95212. I was looking at some of the wire and it was cheap, but shipping would kill the deal because I would only order 100 ft or so. You might look on ebay for a digi coax cable.

6. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Well looks like I'll grab the speaker wire this weekend from my local Lowes/Home Depot, but I'm still looking for a coax cable (3'-6') and those banana plugs.

7. Greg S

Greg S Supporting Actor

Joe,
    I have a nice Monster Lightspeed 200 Optical cable (6ft) and I do have some leftover Parts Express double bananas.
    Email me at [email protected] if interested.
    Greg

8. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Greg, emailed you.

9. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Got the speaker wire, and I just need the banana plugs and the digital coax cable. [​IMG]