What's new

WTB: older versions of DVD player software ??? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Installed an ATI Rage 128 Pro 16 MB AGP video card in my friends PC to facilitate DVD playback from a combo LG CDRW/DVD drive. Works ok but the ATI DVD player that I installed is horrible. Black areaas are severely pixelated. Ruins the whole experience.
Does anyone have an older version of Power DVD or Win DVD that don't use anymore cause you upgraded? My friends PC is playing through a mono TV so they won't even need dolby pro logic forever, if they even need stereo.
thanx for any info
:)

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Chris,

have you tried downloading the latest ATI player from their website? It's generally considered a top notch player in the video department....

if you can't get that to work, pricewatch lists tons of places selling OEM versions of powerdvd/windvd for as low as $4

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I myself recommend PowerDVD XP 4.0 over WinDVD 3.x.
Besides having a lot less resource usage than WinDVD, PowerDVD XP 4.0 can be easily upgraded to support the latest ATI and nVidia chipsets that do MPEG-2 decoding. Indeed, Cyberlink, the publisher of PowerDVD, just released an upgrade to PowerDVD XP 4.0 that will support the MPEG-2 decoding features of the new nVidia GeForce4 MX and GeForce4 Ti4400 and Ti4600 chipsets.
I'm using PowerDVD XP 4.0 right now and I can't recommend it highly enough. :D

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Cool. Well, I'll check out the ATI site again for the latest DVD player software and pricewatch too. I've found Power DVD 3.0 for around what they'd be willing to pay anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks