WTB: older LCD Projector

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by millercv, Dec 30, 2002.

1. millercv

millercv Second Unit

Hello Just starting to look so I figured I would ask here first. I'm looking for an older (well maybe I should phrase it "inexpensive" because I'll take a new one if it is cheap enough [​IMG] ) LCD projector. Basically just to play some big videogames ocassionally when people are over.
    My main concerns would be has to have s-video input and user replaceable (and readily available) bulbs.
    Let me know at millercv@hiwaay.net if you have something available.
    Thanks!
    Chris Miller

2. millercv

millercv Second Unit

Found one - thanks for looking!

3. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Can you tell me where you found one, and what the price was? I am in the exact same boat as you and don't have much money. If you don't want to disclose that info, that is fine too! Thanks,

Brandon

4. Jeffrey S

Jeffrey S Stunt Coordinator

Brandon- don't forget to consider used CRT projectors as well, if you have the space and don't mind tweaking. The picture quality vs. cost ratio is probably higher for CRTs than LCDs- of course, both types have their own pluses and minuses.

Also, Chris (millercv) asked for a projector with s-video input, but I suggest you get a projector capable of handling progressive scan sources, with 480p being the minimum if you intend to use it for HT at some time in the future.

I have owned both types, and I currently use a D-ila machine as my HT projector (LCOS- similar to LCD, arguably better). The installation requirements/constraints dictated the digital projector in my case (long throw, desire to watch with some lights on, etc.)

Good luck