What's new

WTB: older LCD Projector (1 Viewer)

millercv

Second Unit
Hello Just starting to look so I figured I would ask here first. I'm looking for an older (well maybe I should phrase it "inexpensive" because I'll take a new one if it is cheap enough :) ) LCD projector. Basically just to play some big videogames ocassionally when people are over.
My main concerns would be has to have s-video input and user replaceable (and readily available) bulbs.
Let me know at [email protected] if you have something available.
Thanks!
Chris Miller

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Can you tell me where you found one, and what the price was? I am in the exact same boat as you and don't have much money. If you don't want to disclose that info, that is fine too! Thanks,

Brandon

Jeffrey S

Stunt Coordinator
Brandon- don't forget to consider used CRT projectors as well, if you have the space and don't mind tweaking. The picture quality vs. cost ratio is probably higher for CRTs than LCDs- of course, both types have their own pluses and minuses.

Also, Chris (millercv) asked for a projector with s-video input, but I suggest you get a projector capable of handling progressive scan sources, with 480p being the minimum if you intend to use it for HT at some time in the future.

I have owned both types, and I currently use a D-ila machine as my HT projector (LCOS- similar to LCD, arguably better). The installation requirements/constraints dictated the digital projector in my case (long throw, desire to watch with some lights on, etc.)

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks