WTB: Mobo/Processor: Looking for 4 IDE controllers

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Vince Maskeeper, May 18, 2003.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I want to buy a cheap, older ATX MOBO with processor- but I'm looking for something with 4 IDE controllers (usually designed for RAID). Older processors are fine (anything better than 500mhz), just looking to spend less than $50-60 on a mobo/proc package.

An ABIT KA7-100 board with Athlon would be ideal- but something similar. Willing to consider older complete systems in the $100-150 range (I just already have a case and drives, looking to build and MP3 server for the house).

-Vince

2. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

Vince,
    I have a ABIT BP-6 w/ (1) 500Mhz processor (mobo is cabable of dual processors) if your interested...it will support 4 IDE channels...I used it for an MP3/File/print server here at the house...works great.

Let me know if you are interested...
    TimK
    [email protected]

3. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Vince, just letting you know that the IWill K-266R mobo (along with the + version, I think) have built-in RAID support, thus fulfilling your desires.

Maybe this isn't the best place to ask...I'd suggest posting a thread at Anandtech, and if you don't have a nick there, maybe I could help you out. I've bought a few second-run systems in the last few months, and let me tell you, there are some goooood deals out there. [​IMG]

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I emailed Tim and got no reply- so I'm still looking.

Joe- I'm not on Anandtech-- but if there is anything listed over there that you think I might be able to get for a song (or even want to post a want ad for me)- that would be wonderful.

Like I said- looking for ATA Mobo with proc and maybe a stick of ram, with 4 IDE controllers (usually a secondard set designed for Raid). A 1g Athlon on a KA7-100 would be perfect- but open to anything I can get for under $70.

-Vince

5. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

Vince,
    My apologies to you on the no reply...but I have not seen anything from you??? Email me at [email protected] with specifics...maybe I can help you with your search.

Thanks
    TimK

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Still looking. Anyone?

Tim never got back to me, and I tried to email Joe about helping me on Anandtech with no reply-- so if anyone has something that will fit the bill... let me know.

-V

7. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Anyone? Still looking.

8. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    you could buy a normal mobo with 2 IDE controllers and then get a PCI ATA/133 card for cheap to add 2 more IDE channels. i've got a new one for sale for $10 + ship if you'd like...

9. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Thomas,

Do you know if this device works under non microsoft operating systems? (I.e linux?)

-V

10. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i'm not sure, but i don't see why not. it's the same idea as SCSI, just with an ATA/133 interface. i'd suggest posting on a tech forum like www.arstechnica.com or www.anandtech.com