What's new

WTB: Mobo/Processor: Looking for 4 IDE controllers (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I want to buy a cheap, older ATX MOBO with processor- but I'm looking for something with 4 IDE controllers (usually designed for RAID). Older processors are fine (anything better than 500mhz), just looking to spend less than $50-60 on a mobo/proc package.

An ABIT KA7-100 board with Athlon would be ideal- but something similar. Willing to consider older complete systems in the $100-150 range (I just already have a case and drives, looking to build and MP3 server for the house).

-Vince

Tim Kilbride

Stunt Coordinator
Vince,
I have a ABIT BP-6 w/ (1) 500Mhz processor (mobo is cabable of dual processors) if your interested...it will support 4 IDE channels...I used it for an MP3/File/print server here at the house...works great.

Let me know if you are interested...
TimK
[email protected]

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Vince, just letting you know that the IWill K-266R mobo (along with the + version, I think) have built-in RAID support, thus fulfilling your desires.

Maybe this isn't the best place to ask...I'd suggest posting a thread at Anandtech, and if you don't have a nick there, maybe I could help you out. I've bought a few second-run systems in the last few months, and let me tell you, there are some goooood deals out there. :)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I emailed Tim and got no reply- so I'm still looking.

Joe- I'm not on Anandtech-- but if there is anything listed over there that you think I might be able to get for a song (or even want to post a want ad for me)- that would be wonderful.

Like I said- looking for ATA Mobo with proc and maybe a stick of ram, with 4 IDE controllers (usually a secondard set designed for Raid). A 1g Athlon on a KA7-100 would be perfect- but open to anything I can get for under $70.

-Vince

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Still looking. Anyone?

Tim never got back to me, and I tried to email Joe about helping me on Anandtech with no reply-- so if anyone has something that will fit the bill... let me know.

-V

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
you could buy a normal mobo with 2 IDE controllers and then get a PCI ATA/133 card for cheap to add 2 more IDE channels. i've got a new one for sale for $10 + ship if you'd like...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks