What's new

WTB: Mini disc player/recorder (1 Viewer)

Anyone have a mini disc player/recorder that they want to sell? I have three sony models and i'm having trouble with all of them, so please no sony products or portables. Also looking for optical and coaxial inputs and outputs. I know some units use sony parts or internals but i can't remember which brands.
Thank you.
Ernie

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Ernie,
Are you looking for a portable Minidisc or a home deck? It sounds like you want a home deck but if you are looking for a portable I have a Sharp that I might be willing to sell you.
Let me know via e-mail.
Thanks,
Glenn
[email protected]

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Ernest, I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with Sony MD decks. Which models do you have? I have three Sony home MD decks myself that have performed perfectly. I bought an MDS-JB930 in June of last year, an MXD-D3 in February, and an MDS-JA555ES two weeks ago. I also bought an MDS-JB920 last November that I recently sold, and it served me very well (the 'JA555ES replaced the 'JB930 in one system and the 'JB930 replaced the 'JB920 in another). In addition, I have a Sony DHC-MD555 shelf system with a five-MD changer and a Sony MZ-E44 portable player that have never given me a problem. So, I am a bit surprised to hear of your troubles. I think you have just had really bad luck.
If you want to look at brands other than Sony, the selection is rather limited these days. I love the MD format, but it is not being supported actively by companies other than Sony. However, you ought to take a look at the Pioneer Elite MJ-17D. It originally retailed for $800, but was discontinued, and new units are selling for much less. Many '17D players are available brand new on eBay for less than $250. Now, I have no first-hand experience with this player, but I have read good things about it onwww.minidiscussion.com , and Pioneer Elite products are generally excellent. Also, I can't comment on the sellers offering this player on eBay. Still, I am certain you won't find a Sony player as good as the Pioneer Elite unit for $200-250.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
I don't have any units for sale, but thought I would chime in with recommendations. I have a Pioneer 707(component) and a Sharp 702(that is a portable player/recorder). I would HIGHLY recommend either of these models....................had not had problems with either unit and especially like the 707 capabilities to make/edit/label MDs. Hope this helps!

Michael N, i've trying to contact you about your Teac Md player but my messages keep going to the wrong person. can you email me with more details? thank.
ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks