What's new

WTB: Looking for a good (but cheap), full featured LD player.... (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I have a little extra cash this holiday season, and I'd really like to upgrade from my old trusty Pioneer CLD-S104. It basically looks like crap on my Panny 47WX49 and my old 27" Trinitron, so I am aiming for a player with a 50dB video signal to noise ratio, S-Video output, and an optical output would be nice, but is not a necessity. AC-3 RF output is also a plus, but I'm indifferent on it, as it doesn't look like a mod would be too hard to pull off. Doesn't matter much if it's dual sided or single sided play. Basically I'm all about video quality. My toy money is very limited, so be gentle.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
What about features such as video frame memory? I have a Marantz which is a OEM of the CLD-504 (I believe that's the one) I might be willing to part with.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I'm not too concerned with that. Just looking for a player that will give me good picture quality on one or both of the displays I mentioned above.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
BTW, doesn't your Panny have motion adaptive 3D comb filter? I'd think s-video output from the LDP would be useless unless you're getting a top-of-the-line model.

FYI, I'm looking for a cheap, used LDP also, and just bought a Panny 53wx42.

_Man_

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Yes, I believe it does. I'm just ignoring all common logic here, and it will be used more often on the old 27" Trinitron than the Panny. Basically, composite looks like crap on both when coming from my CLD-S104, so I'm ignoring the fact that composite should be better anyways and using stupid Joe6Pack "S-Video is always gonna be better" thinking. I just want my LDs to look better than tape.

Brad Wood

Stunt Coordinator
Nick,
I have an old Sony MDP-333 that I haven't used in years. It's not doing me any good now, so make me some ridiculous offer and we'll see what we can do.

Brad Woodhouse
Edina, MN

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Not that it really meets any of your requirements, but I have a boxed, virtually new Pioneer S201 gathering dust here that I'd be willing to trade for almost anything as long as you were paying for the shipping, or maybe even if you weren't. Drop me a line at [email protected] if you're interested in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks