WTB: Line level booster to boost RCA signals! Lemme know you have.

KenWong

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for something that would boost the RCA line levels. There are tons for cars, but barely any for home. I need it to boost a weak subwoofer signal. The only thing I've found has been this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TCC-TC-780-Stere...QQcmdZViewItem

But I don't feel like paying the $50 for it if somebody has something like this lying around. Let me know what you have. -Ken

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Pardon me if this sounds obtuse, but why don't you just turn up the subwoofer's gain control? If you're running an RCA cable into it, obviously it's a powered sub.

KenWong

Stunt Coordinator
good question Christopher. Right now I'm running an onkyo receiver to a Carver PM-350 to a passive subwoofer (TC sounds). However, even with gains and sub levels at max, the signal that the receiver is sending to the amp is toooo weak. The sub isn't loud enough. That's why. Also, here's a link to clarify what I need...
http://www.hometech.com/audio/linevol.html
wish I had cash for the littleamp as that is exactly what I need- argh! stupid presents. -Ken

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
The problem you have is that the Carver is a pro amp and the levels used in professional sound reinforcement are different from home audio (+4db and -10db). You need a device like the ART Cleanbox, which is a convertor (rca to xlr) and a signal "booster." Various pro audio websites sell these relatively cheaply. I might even have an extra laying around somewhere.
JP

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Matter of fact, I bought one off eBay recently, so I can interface my "pro" and "consumer" gear. They work great, but seem to run about $50 all told. In any case, that's what you need to be using if you have a "pro" amp.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PJay