What's new

WTB: LD Player ( Northern Virginia / Charlottesville) (1 Viewer)

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I'm a student enrolled at the University of Virginia (in Charlottesville) looking to buy a working LD player (Pioneer preferred). I'm from Northern Virginia, so if a deal could be made my parents could pick the player up. I'm very very leary about purchasing a player and having it shipped cross country, or else I would've taken up some of the great offers I've seen in this forum.

My school has got over 10 DVL-919s in their library hooked up to these tiny 13 inch TVs... wonder if they would sell one to me, but highly doubtful.

Matthew Furtek

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
*BUMP*

Looking for a Pioneer CLD-400 or 500 level player, or comparable. S-Video out and autoflip capabilities are a must, but I don't need DTS out, RCA is fine. Willing to pay up to 250.

Matthew Furtek

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
*BUMP*

My faith in people to ship stuff has increased for some reason, not limiting myself to look at stuff in the area.

Matthew Furtek

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I have an elite 59 LD player. I will sell for $295 shipped and boxed up very carefully. Let me know if this fits the bill.

Gregg

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Matthew, Gregg's CLD-59 would be a great player for you. AC-3 RF out, Coax and Optical out (for DTS and PCM), both side play, and Elite quality construction.

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to follow-up on my post.

I bought a Sony-MDP 333 off of e-bay with 15 discs for 125 bucks total, and am /was thinking about buying a CLD-702 from another user, but my girl doesn't think I need 2. She wants me to buy the second so I can regret it and she has something to lord over me with.

She just can't appreciate the updgrade I'm getting with a 702 over a 333. I still *want* to buy Pioneer one with the specs that I originally planned to, but if the Sony works out, I can't complain. I thought I couldn't pass up such a great deal.

I didn't check if it came with a powercord, anyone know where I could find a powercord to fit it?

Matthew Furtek

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks