Wtb: Laserdisc Player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Nolan, Apr 9, 2002.

1. David Nolan

David Nolan Stunt Coordinator

hi all,

i am looking for a good deal on a laserdisc player. i've been checking out ebay, and have no patience for auctions. i am particularly interested in the following makes/models: pioneer cld-d503,604,703,704, elite 59,79,99; yamaha 901; marantz 520; panasonic lx-1000u, 900u; denon 2300,3000,3100. any info on where to find these would also be appreciated. thanks

david

2. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

David- I've got a Panasonic H680 player I'd be willing to sell for $55+shipping (or if you are local, I'll deliver). Here are the specs from another of my posts:
    Here are some pictures of a H680 (note that mine does not have a remote or manual)
    http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/la...nic/panasonic_ lx-h680/panasonic_lx-h680.htm
    I bought this used, and it has worked beautifully for the few LDs I have; I had been using it primarily as a CD transport until I recently bought a DVD-Audio changer.
    It has s-video and composite video outputs, and analog stereo and optical digital outputs for audio. I have played a few DTS lasers on it, and it passes the DTS signal correctly to the decoder. It has auto side flip and a jog dial on the player itself.
    I used my Sony AV-2100 just fine as a remote using a default Panny LD code, so universal remotes will be sufficient for control. I'll throw in a couple of LDs (Major Payne, etc) to try out with it.

3. David Nolan

matt,

thanks for responding. i have received several offers just since last night. i am considering them all, but will let you know by tonight. thanks

david

4. BillyDA

BillyDA Extra

5. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
  6. Grant B

Grant B Producer

David

I have a 504 if you are interested and in the SF bay area. Id rather not ship since the door always gets mucked up in shipping

7. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    You should add the CLD-709 to your list. One of the best.

8. David Nolan

hi all,
    thanks to everyone who replied, however (and this is my fault for not deleting or updating the post) i purchased a player back in april. i am actually trying to sell THAT player and upgrade a bit. unfortunately, not quite to the 704 level. [​IMG] anyway, thanks again
    david