What's new

WTB JBL S38II speakers. (1 Viewer)

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I am looking for 3 pairs of new S38II's. Anyone know were I can get them? I checked all the online stores and have not found any.

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Thanks Chris. I checked Ebay and there was only one pair of the older S38's in BEACH! The horror! ;-)

I see that Harman has some but for $359? That seems a bit high since I managed to get them from BestPriceAudioVideo for $266 less then a year ago. :-(

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Check out some of the vendors who sell under Yahoo! Shopping. I'm seeing pairs in the $260 range. However, their shipping rates are in the $40 and up range.

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Checked there, "LetsGoDigital" shows them as avail. but when I called and asked they said they had not a pair.

If anyone finds a online etailer that has them for a half decent price I would be very interested!

Chris_Cur

Agent
I don't know if Best Buys will ship from state to state, but one of the Best Buys in Birmingham, Alabama had a pair of open box S38II's for $199.00.

Drew_W

Screenwriter

That's probably not bad considering what these speakers weigh. My parents have a pair that I picked up at a local Best Buy for $279CND a pair new.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Drew, You have a good point. I guess, though, my experience with most of the stores at Yahoo! Shopping is that they tend to have cheap purchase prices, but then jack up the shipping rates a little. If you take it all into consideration, the deals they offer are pretty good in comparision to some of the other eTailers.

Oh ... those S38II speakers are some beautiful - looking and sounding speakers. I remember listening to them quite frequently at Best Buy a year or so back. I guess now we'll just have to wait and see how the "S" series from JBL pans out when they get around to releasing them. :)

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I might have to wait myself! I called all of the BestBuy stores... even the one Chris mentioned in Alabama and no one has them... not even open box!

The search continues!!!!

Natelabo

Stunt Coordinator
Give me an email at natelabo at hotmail.com. I have a pair of the S38II that I may consider getting rid of... I currently am running S312II, SCenter II, S26II, and S36II for my 7.1 system and I am really weary of getting rid of them for fear that I may want to swap something... :frowning: Would you possibly be interested in a pair of S26II's to use as surrounds?
-nate

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks