What's new

WTB: Inexpensive VCR (1 Viewer)

Brett_H

Second Unit
Guys,
My fiancee's ancient VCR finally died, and she's in need of a replacement. In light of the fact that we're saving for a wedding, price is a very limiting factor.
Anyone have a spare VCR they'd be willing to part with? We'd like to keep this as cheap as possible, and by cheap I'm talking < $50 shipped.
A stereo VCR would be a plus, as it may eventually serve duty in a bedroom system, but it's not required.
Thanks!
-Brett.
[email protected]

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Brett go to just about any store in town and you can pickup a super cheapo brand new for $50. Good hifi stereo vcrs are like $89
------------------
Jeff Whitford
Hometheater Guru

Brett_H

Second Unit
Jeff,
Thanks for the tip. I'd seen a few locally in that price range, but I guess I was suspicious of the quality/longevity of one of these models. My thinking was that a year old model that sold originally for $100+ would be a better unit than a brand new $50 one in the long run.
Along the lines of super cheapo new ones, any suggestions of brands/model to look for or avoid?
Thanks!
-Brett.

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
I have a Panasonic HiFi VCR, great condition, original box, remote,etc I could send you for $50 shipped. I rarely played tapes, I mostly used it for a tv tuner.
(I just bought a JVC SVHS to match my tv, and this has been taking up room in my closet!)
I can get the model number if necessary. It cost me around $129 approx. 2 years ago.
So, $45 bucks plus 5 bucks shipping USPS.
Email me at [email protected] for fastest response-
Arthur Scott Falkler III

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks