WTB: INEXPENSIVE turntable cartridge.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Alan, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Daniel Alan

Daniel Alan Agent

Ok, here's my story. I resently got into classic rock and folk type music, and I just discovered my Dad's old record collection and his Yamaha P-550 turntable (I have no idea if this turntable is any good or not, and I don't really care). I was overjoyed, as the records are the same as some of my favorite CDs (Paul Simon, The Who, The Beatles, Bob Dylan etc). The problem is the cartridge is broken, so I cannot listen to this new treasure, and I had no idea that cartridges are so expensive! That's where I hope one of you comes in: does anyone have a cartridge that they can sell to a broke kid for like $20 shipped? I know, thats not much, but I am not picky, I just want to listen to these records.

sorry for the long and unnecessary sob story [​IMG]

oh, and if anyone knows anything about this turntable could you shoot me a PM, I don't know much about it or turntables in general.

thanks
    Daniel

2. Stan Rich

Stan Rich Stunt Coordinator

Just bought a "generic"for my Pioneer,stylus and cartridge for $21.00...Sounds pretty good for the price.LMK if you want me to get you one..It'll track at 3 grams.

3. RayJK

RayJK Stunt Coordinator

You may be able to find the correct replacement stylus for the cartridge you already have. If Jerry doesn't have it though, it can't be found. http://www.needledoctor.com/

Also, if you do get a new cartridge, try to find something that tracks at less then 3 grams as that will tear up your records and limit how good they will sound in the future.

4. Daniel Alan

Daniel Alan Agent

I tried to look into that, but the cartridge is cracked and a new stylus cannot be fitted to it.

thanks for the advice

Stan: how much would shipping be for that? I just may get one of those, thanks for the offer.

5. Stan Rich

Did some adjusting on it'll track nicely at 1.5 grams...all depends on the tonearm quality.I suspect postal would be under $3.00..LMK...

6. Daniel Alan

Daniel Alan Agent

YGPM! BTW where in the mid west are you? I am in Omaha NE, and Rapid City, SD. (college and home).

7. Stan Rich

Sent you a reply...did you get it?
    Michigan..