What's new

WTB: HDTV DSS or Dishnetwork (1 Viewer)

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
I'll have my Hughes e86 DirecTV/OTA HDTV receiver up for sale soon. I'm upgrading to a new box & I'll give this one up as soon as I receive that one (should be in 2-3 weeks).

Read specs here.
I haven't figured out what price to ask. The unit is only a month young & in mint condition. Probably $415 + shipping. E-mail me if you're interested. Thanks.

SvenS

Second Unit
You guys may want to wait a while because most likely DirecTV will have to switch to 8PSK modulation like Dish has done but DirecTV receivers are NOT upgradeable like the Dish 6000 (has plugin upgrade modules) and you will need a new receiver to be able to receive 8PSK modulated HD channels.

8PSK is a new modulation scheme that allow the Satellite provider to use half as much transponder space with HD channels then normally thus letting them broadcast twice as many HD channels then they normally would be able to without any loss of quality. And DirecTV does not have much space left as of now for anything and would need to switch to 8PSK to allow for more HD channels.

Jason Bullis

Auditioning
Thanks fo the info Svens, that will give me something to think about. Still interested if someone comes though with a decent deal......
Jason:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks