What's new

WTB: DLS 10 or Audiosource SW-15 (1 Viewer)

Mark.Louis

Stunt Coordinator
thanks Jason - often the SW-15 goes for about $150 shipped on Ubid as well, but I was hoping to get one used for a bit cheaper shipped. Will check out the amazon anyway.

Mark

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
It's possible I might sell my "mighty little DLS"? I don't really use it but I did yesterday watching Rambo III in DTS at -13. It kept up just fine and really rocked the house for $125. I bought it for testing purposes against the WM-40 a month ago, but have grown kind of fond of it. I should sell it now that I am done with it though??? So much bass for so little $.

Mark.Louis

Stunt Coordinator
Steve - what size is your room? I have a 20' X 15' room with 12' ceilings, and one 20' side completely open...hence I have a little concern about a 10" sub filling room with bass. On the plus side, we rarely play music or HT very loud (i.e., > -20 db).

In your opinion, is the DLS up to this challenge?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well Mark the DLS is a mighty little sub but I do not know what you are looking for? My HT is 24x12 with 10ft ceilings and the front wall is like 1/2 open.>Two entrances and one open picture window on each side of the living-room entrance. I run two 15" Vel's in the right corner stacked usually and this con-fig does very well. One does well. I decided to check out the DLS yesterday on Rambo III in DTS. I placed the sub in a corner next to the couch under a corner table and was I impressed. I have ran the DLS there in the past but never at -13. I use it now and then when my wife gets cranky about all the db's flying around the house. So I am used to using it at a low level when I do use it. Placed in a optimal corner close to seating it does very well for the money. I think I might be able to hit 109- 111 db's on the first flyby scene on Star Wars II in the corner by seating? This sub is about the same as the Sony WM-40. The edge going to the DLS. Both placed in same location- same HT- same calibration and so on. Tom V with SVS got me to look at this corner again, so I plan on making some changes. If you have a optimal corner close to seating in your size HT it will surprise you I would think. It sure surprised me. I tried my Velo's there and they are just to big and WAF. I do have a couple of Velo's posted for a very good price but I think they are more than what you want to spend. A more formidable sub with more extension. In a whole different Liege actually. I could do the flyby test and see what the meter says if you like with the DLS.

KarlV

Grip
Mark,

I have a 12" PE Titanic MK1 sub in a sealed 3 cu. ft. box I am trying to sell. I have it listed on the used subwoofer page. I was asking $180, but have dropped the price to $150. Email me if you are interested.

Karl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks