What's new

WTB: Diva Swans 2.1 pair. (1 Viewer)

John Vo

Agent
I am looking to purchase a pair of Diva Swans 2.1 speakers to complete my set (6.1s, C3, and R3s). I am only interested in the old-school Divas with the tweeters on top that were purchased from AV123. They stopped selling them in 2001.

If anyone has these and is willing to part with them, please let me know. Thank You.

-John

Jim Lyman

Agent
Hey John Vo,
There is a place that still sells the Diva's. It is The Audio Insider. They also sell a Black Cherry finish.
Good luck, Jim

John Vo

Agent
Thanks Jim.

I have browsed their site. I don't know if it would be the same quality or parts as the Divas from when AV123 were selling them. I don't know if they would sound the same. That is why I am hesitant to purchase from them and would rather purchase some from the original batches.

Do you have any experience with The Audio Insider and their Diva line?

TonyWright

Second Unit
John,

You should get in touch with Jon Lane over at The Audio Insider. He can probably help you with any queries about the new 2.1's.

So you're looking to finish the vo-plex eh? :)

Tony

Jim Lyman

Agent
Hey John,
I thought everything was still the same with them. I would do what Tony suggested, contact Jon.

How do you like the Denon compared to the Outlaw? I have a 3802 no problems at all yet.

Good Luck with the 2.1's. I was trying about a month ago on Audiogon to pickup a set with no luck.

Later, Jim

John Vo

Agent
Jim and Tony,

Thanks for the replies! I think I will give Jon over at Audio Insider a call.

Yes, I am trying to finish the Vo-Plex hehe. I've been wanting to pick up the 2.1s for a while now and just got approval from the girlfriend to buy them. Problem is, she gets to approve the final mounting location. That sucks hehe.

I love the Denon! My brother-in-law let me borrow his AVR 4800(??) for a few days and I found it to be really warm compared to the Outlaw. I didn't care for it too much. However, the surround sound and stereo separation were awesome!

I was offered an unbelievable deal on the AVR-3805 so I figured "What the heck, if I don't like it, I can sell it and come out ahead." Well, this thing isn't going anywhere! It isn't nearly as warm as some of the older Denon's I have heard - in fact, this one is pretty crisp although not as bright as the Outlaw. And of course, the surround processing is AWESOME. I love it!

Can't wait to see what 6.1/7.1 is all about!

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The only thing that has changed in the Diva line is the C3. They placed the tweeter inside the C3 to help offset some combing issues that the orignal C3 was having. All the others (including the 2.1s) have the same top mount tweeter. The original rosewood finish is still available too, but they have added a more affordable black cherry pvc finish which is what I have.

John Vo

Agent
Cool! Thanks Stephen! What is this combing issue you are talking about? I did send back my C3 to AV123 once because of this "crackling" sound I would hear sometimes but they said they could find nothing wrong with it.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Combing is peaks and lulls at certain frequencies due to interactions between the waves being produced by the center and midrange. The close together they are, the less combing occurs.

David_Wh

Stunt Coordinator
Why did AV123 stop selling the Diva line? Are the speakers that Audio Insider selling the same thing as the ones AV123 sold? Not to steal the thread but I am looing for some Diva R3's.

DWhite

You will have to go to Audio Insider/AV123 and ask for the whole story, but I can try and give you what I can remember.

There was some sort of suit (threatened? Filed?) against AV123 for the Tweeter on top (take a guess who) I think. So, AV123 came out with the rockets. I have no idea what happened at AV123 if anything, but one of the original owners/employees(?) split and formed Audio Insider to continue the Diva Line. Both the owner of AV123 (Mark) and Owner of Audio Insider (Jon?) have no grudge. Mark even gives high remarks to the Audio Insider guys on his own forum at av123. Go do a search on AV123 forum for swans/diva.

So, in conclusion I think it is safe to say that the Diva/Swans are pretty much still the same except for probably a few tweaks over the years. I could be wrong, but they are run by one of the original AV123/Diva people.

BTW, I was just about to buy Divas from AV123, but when I called up they had just started selling the rockets and were clearancing out all the old Diva Swan stuff. So, I am a proud owner of Rockets.

I could be wrong on a lot of what I said as this is from memory from many years ago (or so it seems).

Chris

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
The Swans Diva line have gone through one (at least) crossover design upgrade since the ownership changeover (Rockets have also gone through several upgrades since their inception).

I cannot comment on a comparison between the new and the old lines, since I have not heard them together. As everyone else has commented, you should contact Jon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks