What's new

WTB: Decent CD player (1 Viewer)

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Im actually looking for a Sherwood Newcastle CD980 cd player. Others like Marantz and NAD also interested in though..Single disc only please. Thanx for looking.

RobWil

Supporting Actor
I have a Sherwood Newcastle CD980 but it has a coupla minor problems. When you first load a CD it sometimes makes a weird mechanical sound for a few seconds and then is fine. And the fixed RCA jacks need to be replaced or resoldered as one of the channels doesn't work.
I just use the variable outputs. The digital outputs work fine also.
The player sounds fantastic though and everything else works perfectly. I bought it around 8 months ago from a guy on Audiogon for $180 (included shipping). If this interests you let me know. Considering the minor problems , I would let it go for $115, shipped. Includes manual and remote.

HO NGUYEN

Agent
I have an audiophile grade CD player for sale. It is a DPA Renaissance. It retailed for $2k new but I'll take $400. This thing weighs a ton for a CD player. All heavy duty construction. The sound is awesome. I have to sell it to save up for a Esoteric DV-50. Do a search on Audioasylum.com for some info. Here is a link to audioreview on it:

http://www.audioreview.com/CD%20Play...5_1586crx.aspx

Regardless of the age it is still a top notch player and will easily compete with some of the Class A rated cdp available today. I do not have the original box but I do have the remote. Works flawlessly.

You can contact me at [email protected] if you want any more info.

Here a link to see what it looks like:

http://www.audiocircuit.com/9140-cdp.../9140CMDPA.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks