What's new

WTB: Dahlquist DQM9 speakers (1 Viewer)

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
I currently own two of these classic and awesome sounding speakers...any owner of the same looking to sell theirs?

garbanzo

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
If you're still interested (I know it's been a long time) I have an original pair in excellent condition I'm planning to sell. I even have the original manuals and replacement fuses. I'm in Northern California.

sparto1

Auditioning
Real Name
jeff
Ken,
Are these speakers still for sale? Are they the compacts or the full size DQM - 9's. Please let me know.

Thankyou, Jeff

garbanzo

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
Hi Jeff,I haven't sold the speakers yet. When I posted I was in the process of selling my house but then decided not to so no longer had the need to let the speakers go immediately. However I would be interested in selling them. They are the compact DQ-9s and are in perfect condition. The enclosures have walnut sides with black top and bottom. I'd be willing to sell the speakers along with speaker stands for $400 plus actual shipping cost. I'm located in Oakland, CA and you'd be welcome to pick the speakers up and avoid paying for shipping.Let me know if you're interested.Ken

dmg8487

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Hey Rob - Does this mean that you are interested in selling them? If you are then I would be a serious potential buyer. Just let me know...

jumasz

Auditioning
Real Name
Konrad
Hi i`m also very interested to buy the speakers if still for sale. Let us know, thanks

stpat1

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Nelsen
I've had a set of DQM9's for years in storage and I'm going to be getting rid of them. Woofers need to be re-foamed but all else is intact. Gray resin type cabinets are a bit rough.

Audioplus93

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan C
It took almost a year, but finally found a pair of DQM 9 Compact woofers. these have different voice coils than the DQM 7 or 5. So I've successfully restored my DQM 9 Compacts. Had no idea that they are so difficult to find, these are in very good condition, walnut finish is good, the black tevlar finish in very good, almost mint (not tacky). I also have an extra 9C woofer that needs re-coning. The grills are also original with the walnut verticle strips on both sides.
These could be mint with a little work, might be tempted to sell, but after reading comments for over a year, many consider these to be the best speakers ever designed by John Dahlquist (and of course Saul Marantz). Hear that Stevie Wonder & Billy Idol use them.
If I do sell, I'll reinvest in my AR-303's

Audioplus93

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan C
Audioplus93 said:
It took almost a year, but finally found a pair of DQM 9 Compact woofers. these have different voice coils than the DQM 7 or 5. So I've successfully restored my DQM 9 Compacts. Had no idea that they are so difficult to find, these are in very good condition, walnut finish is good, the black tevlar finish in very good, almost mint (not tacky). I also have an extra 9C woofer that needs re-coning. The grills are also original with the walnut verticle strips on both sides.
These could be mint with a little work, might be tempted to sell, but after reading comments for over a year, many consider these to be the best speakers ever designed by John Dahlquist (and of course Saul Marantz). Hear that Stevie Wonder & Billy Idol use them.
If I do sell, I'll reinvest in my AR-303's
Can provide pics!

dbrady

Auditioning
Real Name
dennis brady
I have a pair for sale with stands in original boxes and excellent condition

Lovethatmusic

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric Seiler
I am looking for a pair of Dhalquist DQM – 9c's (compact version) to buy. Anybody have some for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks