WTB: Cheap Subwoofer>>>>More Details....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul D Snyder, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Paul D Snyder

Paul D Snyder Stunt Coordinator

I need a really cheap WORKING subwoofer. Preferably powered at 50 watts and up. I need one with the out/in speaker clips not just the line in/out input. Looking to pay $75-$100 shipped to 73071. Obviously with that budget I'm not going to be too picky, I just need some low end for some sats. If you have a spare from a HTIB set that will do. Please let me know with shipped totals. THANKS!

Paul

2. Chriss M

Chriss M Second Unit

i think i have a sub from a panasonic HTIB setup...pretty sure it has only speaker-level inputs. I'd have to check to be sure, let me know if you might be interested.

3. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

Why not try the DLS 10 subwoofer? It's probably about $120 shipped to your door and brand new. Seems as if it's been favorably reviewed in the past few months as well. Check it out.

4. Paul D Snyder

Thanks for the info on the DLS, I'll check into that. As far as the direct in/out only subs they won't work with my receiver. Thanks!
    Please email me directly at [email protected]
    Paul

5. mike_frontier

mike_frontier Supporting Actor

Paul I have an Jensen 8" subwoofer that has what you are needing as for. The Model# Jensen JS-800. It has the out/in speaker clips and also the line in/out input.
    The amp is rated at 100 watts with 1 gain knob for power that is needed for your ears.
    The color is Solid Black. I used it when I did not have an A/V amp and hooked it directly to my 2 channel stereo system and it sounded great!! I do not use it now amd is sitting in the closet, but the condition of it is excellent (I promise).
    Here is a picture of what it looks like.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a little bit of spec info I got on it.
    The JS800 is the middle of the road model. It combines an 8" bass driver with a 100-watt amp for reaching frequencies as low as 30Hz. The unit provides both high and low level inputs for connection to basically any system. A built-in sleep circuit will turn the sub off automatically when no signal is present. Still, very affordable at MSRP $149.
    Please shoot me an PM if intrested? I am willing to let it go for your price range and shipped too [​IMG] .
    Thanks

6. Paul D Snyder

hey Mike, you've got a PM.

Paul

7. Paul D Snyder

Subwoofer has been found. Thanks Mike!

Paul

8. mike_frontier

mike_frontier Supporting Actor

Paul,
    You are very welcome. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Phil Keep

Phil Keep Stunt Coordinator

I have an Aiwa 100 watt that I would send you for $100 dlvd...10" powered, lmk at [email protected]