What's new

WTB: CHEAP Stereo receiver (1 Viewer)

Chris Wittry

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a stereo receiver for my outdoor speakers. I don't need anything really great, just 2 channels, maybe 75-100 watts or so. Anyone who's got one sitting around collecting dust and wants to unload it, just let me know. Thanks! :D

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,

How about an integrated amp? It's a Luxman LV-90. It's lower power than you listed (conservatively rated at 28WPC), but I have too much stuff! :)

Chris Wittry

Stunt Coordinator
I would prefer a receiver because I use an FM transmitter to broadcast my whole house radio and the fewer parts I have to put outside, the better, plus I do need a higher wattage due to the fact that I have a large backyard. I'll keep it in mind though. Thanks!

Mike Gl

Stunt Coordinator
I have a vintage (circa 1980) Sony STR-V45, rated at 55 watts per channel into 8 ohms. The amps and tuner work fine. Has some cosmetic issues, but face is generally good. Power switch has been by-passed due to intermitent; I switch on and off via a power strip.

Price $30 plus shipping (was listed at about $400 new). Will be about $45 shipped.

I found a web page that sells used stereo receivers that has more information on the Sony STR-V45, if you are interested. (The site offers one for $119.)

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
I have a 60 watt/channel Pioneer SX-2800 receiver. It was bought new by me in the early 90's, and I was using it up until a few months ago in my bedroom system. It's in mint/excellent condition, and I have the original box & manual. $60 including shipping. I can get you pics if this is of interest.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks