What's new

WTB: Bravo D1 or Oppo DVD player (1 Viewer)

Sam H

Second Unit
I'm looking for a decent spare dvd player and have the D1 in mind. It's a few years old now but there should still be plenty around. I'll also consider Oppo players; let me know what you have and your price.

Jon B.

Agent
Real Name
Jon
I have an Oppo DV-970HD for sale. It is in its original packing and has all of the original components (manual, remote, etc.)

It is mint and was only used for less than three months since I picked up a Toshiba HD DVD player at the time.

Looks like it is selling on ebay from a low of $66 to a high of $96. I will sell for $60 plus shipping. Please PM if interested.

Thanks,

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Unless you have a very specific application (Panasonic L300U projector or other non-HDCP DVI display) I would discourage against the Bravo D1 or D2. They are known for premature drive failures and these days their performance can easily be surpassed for less money. If you can find a deal on an Oppo, that would be my choice. A Toshiba HD-DVD player would be my next choice (A2 or hight). After that, any of the Philips HDMI Divx players... they're not quite as good in the scaling department, but dollar for dollar they're tough to beat.

Good luck.

Sam H

Second Unit
I use a Toshiba XA2 in the main system. The Bravo would be for an older Infocus 4805 projector in a spare room. I'm also considering the Oppo in the thread - feeling out responses for a few more days here.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The 4805 should be able to handle HDCP over DVI, so I would go with an Oppo or other solution and stay away from the Bravo.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
There are some 981HDs for sale over at the AVS forum classified section... not super cheap prices however. The new Toshiba XDE scaling player might be another worth looking at, as well as BluRay players from EOutlet Canada if you don't mind a killer deal on a refurb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldeck
Recent bookmarks