WTB: banana plugs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thomas_Berg, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i'm lookin for some cheap, non-solder single banana plugs. i need about 6 sets (dual plugs wont work though), so please lemme know if any of you have extras lying around.

2. Dan Seewald

Dan Seewald Stunt Coordinator

www.mouser.com has the deltron plugs which has a tray the wire sets on and you can crimp the spot there to encapsulate the wire. They sell for .69 each. The catalog # is 17HR549 for the ones with red insulators, and 17HR550 with the black. I just bought the quantity of either and used heat shrink tubing instead of the supplied insulators. I've used literally thousands of these with not one failure reported yet. If you buy in quantity, there is a substantial discount. Hope this helps.
    Dan

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    my apologies for not being specific enough. i need something with the 'compression' style of attaching speaker wire, not crimp or solder. basically, something that looks like this:
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd..._ID=6277&DID=7
    but around $1 each and with no outrageous shipping charges (like partsexpress likes to charge). anyone have any spares?