What's new

WTB: Any black Plextor CD-RW drive 8/4/32 and up (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Have a white 8/4/32 Plextor, but now I need a black one. Let me know if you want to sell yours.

Thanks,

Jeff

Kevin T

Screenwriter
jeff:

not too familiar with plextor drives but from my experience the front covers of cd drives are just plastic that you can easily just snap on and off. i had a white cd-rw drive which i took apart and spray painted black and gray. good luck.

kevin t

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Kevin, your correct. I bet it's easy to get off. I'm not good at painting however. It would be nice if Plextor sold black faceplates seperately.

Thanks,

Jeff

Kevin T

Screenwriter
jeff:

i'm not the krylon master either but what i've found gives the best results is even strokes from side to side. don't just spray, spray, spray. hold down the nozzle with even pressure, swipe over one side, and release the nozzle. now do the same in the opposite direction moving the paint slightly lower than the first swipe. i tend to get good results with this method. for about $3-$4 you can buy a can of spray paint and a piece of modelling wood and practice your technique until you are comfortable.

kevin t

Jason_Lund

Grip
Best price I found on black Plextor CDRW drives was over at www.newegg.com.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...ry=1323&DEPA=1
$152 + s/h for the 40x model which is in stock, they also have a 24x version but it's currently sold out.
There is also an Aopen 24x model with black/white covers included for $55 or a 40x Teac for $104.
I like the Plextor brand though for $104 the Teac is a hard price to beat for a drive of similar quality. If I only used the drive occasionally I'd probably just go with the Aopen model to save myself some money. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks