WTB: a dila/lcos projector

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Eddie B., Feb 12, 2004.

1. Eddie B.

Eddie B. Agent

Does anyone know where I can pick up one of these projectors without paying an arm and a leg for one?

Thanks,

Eddie

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Define "arm and a leg"? Other than Ebay, Audiogon or Videogon, I would try the AVS Forum. They've been running a power buy for a while on some demo JVC SX21 D-ILA (LCOS) projectors, but they may be out by now. Price, I think, was $5899 including ground shipping. That's as cheap as you're going to find a new or nearly new with warrantee SX21 from a business that can be totally trusted.

The newer JVC HX1 16:9 HDCP qualified projector (which is simply an SX21 with part of the chip matted and HDCP added) will run you signifigantly more, but I don't know exactly how much more.

So, that's where I'd look. If I ever want to sell my SX21, I'll keep you in mind.

3. Eddie B.

Eddie B. Agent

Thank you very much Alan!!!!

Anyone else?

4. Richard Slay

Richard Slay Extra

Which generation of d-ila projectors are you willing to consider?

5. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Eddie: Gotten your D-ILA yet? Still want one? I'm willing to sell my barely used (just long enough to know that it works as advertised) JVC SX21 for $5500, which includes ground shipping. I am the original owner; box, packing, manual, and all accessories are included.