What's new

WTB: 3 channel amp (1 Viewer)

Jamie

Stunt Coordinator
I need a good 3 channel amp, if anyone has one to buy, pls PM me.

thx

J

Dave Man

Stunt Coordinator
Jamie-you don't state your budget or anything else about what type of wattage you're looking for, etc, so you may want to edit your post.

However, there is a B&K 3-channel amp on audiogon right now for around $900...

David

Jamie

Stunt Coordinator
Good point. I'd like to spend no more than $450.00 to $500.00. I know that limits what is out there, but I just want some better sound up front. I was thinking an Acurus, Rotel, or Parasound since that pretty much limits what I can do with a budget of $500.00. I'm wanting to push a 4 ohm load. The speakers are pretty efficient already at 90.

Elinor

Supporting Actor
Sorry, don't have one to sell, but Acurus should do ya real well. I've used their 3-channel 200w amp for about 7 years now, and it is a powerhouse. Clean, neutral, and makes my speakers sing like the angels.

I'm sure your other choices are great too.

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
I have an MCA-3 Anthem series I that I've been using for 5 or 6 years. It sounds very nice. It went for $700 new and I see them on ebay going for around $500. Good luck.

Andy_A

Second Unit
You could buy three Audiosource Amp One/A amps and run them in bridged mono at 200 Watts each channel. These have gotten some great press and generally go for 100-125 each on ebay.

Dave Man

Stunt Coordinator
I know absolutely nothing about these, but you may want to review digital amps as well. Seems like I just saw a thread on here discussing a panasonic amp that was very inexpensive and the thread author liked it above Rotel and many others. Just a thought...

Jamie

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks fellas for the suggestions, I've got an email in to someone on taking an amp off his hands. We'll see.

thanks

Andy_A

Second Unit
This one would also be a great bet--I used to own one myself. Probably for the money your best bet-- http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1107702881[/url] the Chiro c-500 five channel thx amp. Plus it is from James Elvick a member of this forum and nice guy to deal with.

KevinB

Stunt Coordinator
Jamie,
I sent you a pm on a 3 channel amp. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks, Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks