WT46809: How to fix Green bleed?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Don Morrison, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Don Morrison

Don Morrison Agent

I recently moved and the moving company stored and transported my Mits 46809 on its side, which is fine, because when I worked for a local electronics store a few years back we did the same thing, as do the manufacturers.

My set now has a green bleed around the right edges of every thing. It is really bad in the system menus and the guides for my satellite...

I tried using the 64 pt convergence and it helped a little, but still have a very noticable green glow around the right side of images. (its worse with text and images of a solid color...)

It is worse on the DTV (component) input than it is on the S-Video. I do, however, have a Red Push Attenuator connected to the Red Component input.

Do I need a ISF calibration? Is there anyone in the St. Louis Area that can help me out? Can I fix this myself in the system menus?

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Is it smearing to the right across the screen? Or is it just misconvergence around things?

"glow" sounds strange, do you have a pic perhaps?

Describe some more. How bright is the green, is it smeared a great distance, or just a green fringe around objects, say white objects. What does your convergence grid look like?

3. Don Morrison

Don Morrison Agent

The convergence grid look very good, and the green is kinda a smeared looking type. It also happens on light blues and such which are present in my satellite guides. It is a very bright green, not faded or anything, but bright and vibrant. probably smeared about half a letter when it appears in text.

I do not have a pic, but I can take one and post next week. I am out of town currently. Glow was probably a bad word to use to describe the problem.

Yes, it is smearing to the right across the screen. It also appears to be of the same strength at every part of the screen, not only in one area. That is, it is smeared (green color only) on the sides, top, bottom, and center the same.

I will be home on Wednesday night, so I can get pictures of teh problem then if we can't determine the problem by then.b

4. Don Morrison

Don Morrison Agent

Ok. I took a look at it last night real quick, and maybe I am crazy, but it looks like it is getting better. The green bleed to the right of the guide displays looked pretty good, and I didn't really do anything to fix it. I am a little puzzled... If anyone knows what may have caused the green bleed in the first place, or what may have caused it to go away, let me know!