WSB: How do I hit for power?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Manuel, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

Let me start by saying that I am not a good hitter. I am playing Pro mode with the big batter curser. After about 10 games, I have not hit one hr and the game has hit 3 against me. Could someone please explain to me their strategy to hit for power and avarage? I have just recently started hitting grounders consistently.

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Manuel, it is pretty hard to hit a homer, but I manage about one per game with the cursor size being medium and medium pitch speed on the All-Star level.

There is simply but two keys. You have to time the pitch perfectly and have the ball be directly inside the cursor when you swing.

Here is my strategy. I keep the cursor in the middle of the strike zone at all times and never move it (unless that particular batter has a blue "cold zone" in the middle, but almost nobody does). When I have less than two strikes, I almost NEVER swing at a pitch not directly in the middle of the plate. Let the pitcher make a mistake and throw you a fastball or curve right in the heart of the plate and pounce on it. If you haven't gotten the hang of figuring out which pitches will be strikes right off the bat, don't worry, with a little practice you will. If I fall behind in the count and end up with two strikes, then I'll swing at anything close by moving my cursor at the last moment to the spot where the ball is. It's tricky, but it can be accomplished.

I'm 29 games into my season and I think I have hit 31 homers so far. My top guy has 8 and my #2 guy has 7.

Hope that helps.

3. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Evan. You were right about getting the hang of it. After playing a few games I have hit a lot better and more HR's. The more I play this game the more I like it. Can anyone tell me of a dedicated web page for this game? Also, does anyone have a list of changes to rosters that need to be made (not minor ones, just with major to medium skill level players) to get more accurate rosters?

Thanks

4. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

Try pushing down on the left thumb cursor just as you swing - this puts the ball over the fence regularly for me.

Bryan