WS48311 and 2:35.1 movies

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ArnaudP, Oct 10, 2002.

1. ArnaudP

ArnaudP Stunt Coordinator

I got my new Mits WS48311 a few weeks ago. When watching a movie in 2:35.1 ratio, I have noticed that the 2 black bars (top and bottom) are not the same size. The one on top is more skiny that the one at the bottom. The image is not exactly centered in the middle of the screen. I always watch 2:35.1 movies in standard mode.
    Is this normal? If not, how do I get into the service menu to correct the problem.
    Thanks

2. James Herrod

James Herrod Stunt Coordinator

Not sure what the fix is, but I just got a WS-55411 today and noticed the same thing. That might be an indication that it is normal. Jim

3. Steve Krasnow

Steve Krasnow Auditioning

I also notice a difference in the black top to bottom on my WS-55411 with 2:35.1. It also seems that it can vary some from different DVD's.
    Really it doesn't bother me, if I'm lookng at those black lines it's not a good movie! [​IMG]
    Sure like my Mitsubishi.

4. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

On some movies, the transfer may simply be uneven.
    If it's really noticable on all, then buy or borrow or rent Avia Guide to Hometheater and run the test patterns which will be able to show you if everything is centered correctly.
    From there you can either venture into the service menu, or pay to have your set ISF calibrated (highly recommened!) and they'll take care of this for you.
    For more info on how to get into the service menu and about ISF calibrated, check out Keohi HDTV (http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/)